Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need help finding a 31' - 38' boat! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49758-need-help-finding-31-38-boat.html)

rocknrace 05-13-2003 08:26 AM

Look Here

www.martinoffshore.com
:D

AZDominator 05-13-2003 09:50 AM

Buy my 2001 32 Sunsation. See pics in Boats for Sale (4 or 5 pages back). Boat is better than new.

bn 05-13-2003 10:27 AM

Everytime I have showed my wife a boat with side-by-side bolsters, she just says no way. Even with the 42 Sonic she doesn't like them. I have to agree with her, it would be tough to get used to having a passenger right next to me and if I want to go in the cabin or walk around to the back, I have to squeeze between my passenger and the dash.

Just personal preference and staying with traditional setups.

I don't think that I could get used to throttles on the left either. :D

audacity 05-13-2003 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the throttles are still on the right...there is too much going on/to watch on todays hi-performance boats to do it all yourself...i'm personally more hi-perf oriented and would never do it any other way...i would like to add another helm if i were to keep the boat....i'm not much for driving.

HiPerf2000 05-13-2003 11:46 AM

i could see if your wife/girl was always the person next to you in the side by side bolster, .......but what if you and a couple buddies go for a ride? There will be 2 guys arms bumping each other (usually bare skin in the hot summer days).........maybe i'm just too homo-phobic, but it's a bit gay to me.

OldSchool 05-13-2003 11:54 AM

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
i could see if your wife/girl was always the person next to you in the side by side bolster, .......but what if you and a couple buddies go for a ride? There will be 2 guys arms bumping each other (usually bare skin in the hot summer days).........maybe i'm just too homo-phobic, but it's a bit gay to me.

:D :D :D

audacity 05-13-2003 12:04 PM

i'm gay so i don't really care

audacity 05-13-2003 12:05 PM

oops...no that was my x-wife...she waz gay...maybe if i had different bolsters we would still be together...she never did care for the stubble on my arms!

mr_velocity 05-13-2003 12:24 PM

Originally posted by bn
Sorry audacity, but the wife say no way on the side by side bolsters. You have a very nice boat though! Thanks.
Why no way on side by side bolsters. I have them in my 41 Velocity and love them. My wife can drive and I can trim and trottle. We're also able to talk without having to scream at each other.

mr_velocity 05-13-2003 12:26 PM

Originally posted by bn

I don't think that I could get used to throttles on the left either. :D

Geeze, I took my buddy's Formula for a little spin on saturday and couldn't throttle with my right hand. Completely lost it.

But my two favorite boats have left throttle, my Velocity and Skaters.