Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thunder Coatings (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49789-thunder-coatings.html)

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 05-12-2003 12:09 PM

Thunder Coatings

Many times we bash or praise dealings with businesses on this site.And for myself,I use these posts as a reference as to whether I spend my money with these companies or not.....
I would like to thank Bruce at Thunder Coatings for some customer service that has been fantastic!!!
About 3 weeks ago I sent some grab handles and McLeod bolster frames to him for powder coating.He e-mailed me when parts arrived and gave me a date when he would be shipping them back.1st step in good service....
Then I received an e-mail with several pictures and a phone call as to problems he was having with the McLeod frames,(After bead blasting them,he found that the castings were very poor, with many pits and holes causing outgassing during curing)2nd step in good service.
He sent the grab handles back,and tried several things with the bolster frmaes,but he still wasn't satified with the results.He sent the frames back to me coated,and also sent A REFUND check because of the way they turned out,Unbelieveable 3rd step in customer service...
Now I just received a e-mail from him, saying that he has contacted McLeod,and is trying to get me a new set of bolster frames....Totally GREAT experience!!!!!!
Steve

Indy 05-12-2003 12:42 PM

Geez...that's hard to beat. There have been several postings about this company, all great. I already have them in mind when I need some parts power coated. Easy decision.

Shane 05-12-2003 12:50 PM

Glad you got to know Bruce!

That is justthe way Bruce is. I have known him since 1997, and have raced with him. I would trust him with anything! He is a SUPER person and honest as the day is long. Hard to come by these days, especially people doing business in the marine industry. Bruce is #1 in my book.:)

SLINGSHOT 05-12-2003 12:59 PM

there are ways to solve outgassing issues......sending new frames won't solve it they are still cast. just my .02

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 05-12-2003 01:10 PM

Jack, If I knew more about the process involved I would to glad to debate it with you,but I'm going to have to leave that to some one else....If Bruce reads this, he is more than welcome to post the picuters of the bases,they were unbelieveably poooor castings,with just not pits,but deep holes from the casting process.
Steve

dhlaw 05-13-2003 08:30 PM

Sounds like some outgassing going on in here................

SLINGSHOT 05-13-2003 08:46 PM

NO DOUBT THAT THUNDER COATINGS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY TO GET SOME NEW FRAMES....THAT WAS VERY NICE OF BRUCE

dhlaw 05-13-2003 08:46 PM

Well, I can say that Bruce is one of the first offshore guys I met when I bought my boat and now he is a part of my weekend crew. The way he conducts business is the way he lives, honest hardworking and trustworthy. Me on the other hand..........

bob 05-13-2003 09:10 PM

I have had great service from Bruce as well!

BruceK 05-13-2003 09:55 PM

Thanks for all the compliments from everyone. We definitely try to do our best with every customer.
As for Steve's parts, normally we can fix just about anything, the pitting he had was easily filled and most of the areas in which were outgassing were taken care of, just not to our satisfaction.
If there are ways to cure all outgassing, we sure would like to know. I'm sure we have not been in business as long or not as large as Slingshots company is, but we are always trying to learn and as much as we can.
Jack, if its ok with you, I would like to contact you and get some assistance to what we may be doing differently or maybe not doing.
Thanks again everyone.
Bruce