Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My worst fears have passed. >

My worst fears have passed.

Notices

My worst fears have passed.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Default My worst fears have passed.

Last fall when I winterized the boat I had just had surgery and I was kinda sorta doped up. Actually I was wasted on precoset. After the boat was put away, somehow i got to thinking that maybe i didnt let the engine warm up enough to open the thermostat before I added antifreeze via the kit that attaches to the outdrive water pickup. I just dont remember a whole lot from that time...probably a good thing!

The boat was in storage over an hour away and i wasnt in much condition to check on it until well after a hard freeze. So Ive been kind of sweating it out all winter. The good news is that i started her up yesterdy and evreything is fine. In fact, there is fresh oil in the motor and I did a good job of fogging it by the amount of smoke she belched. The boat was also imaculate. Apparently I cleaned the &%$ out of it before throwing the cover on. Dont remember any of it

A good start to a good season I hope

Old 05-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Allan4

Hey....if ya gotta end the season, may as well be under the influence of prescription narcotics.....