Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette the Legend is Dying II (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49830-cigarette-legend-dying-ii.html)

cigarette1 05-13-2003 10:03 AM

Originally posted by Too Old

I have an old Cigarette. I'd buy a new Cigarette tomorrow.;)

You got that right :cool:

Zoomnfun 05-13-2003 10:16 AM

Hi G how are you?

GLH 05-13-2003 10:26 AM

Next one's a gun

BLee 05-13-2003 11:31 AM

Why do some always say "their just selling T-Shirts" Ever think the marketing is to sell boats? Why not have some apparel to dress your girl in while boating too?

If any of you know Skip, he doesn't need the money, trust me. He wants to get this company going again after so many previous owners nearly ruined it.

Nobody seems to say much about the 90's when Cig was MAYBE building 20 boats a year. They barely had enough money to operate. You never saw ad's in any magazines hardly. People sued constantly because their boats were never finished. There were so many times in the 90's when I'd stop by and the gates were locked. You call that good marketing? Was that supporting the legend? THAT is when the legend was DEAD.

Skip and Neil are building over 80 top quality boats a year now. They have more employees than ever before. It finally looks like a factory again, not a parking lot.

So, they are back in the saddle now. All anyone can find now to gripe about now is "waa, the factories dirty, boo hoo, theres dust on the floor." They are busy building your next boat, not doing housework. Thats the way I want it. Maybe they could hire a maid or something, but I want Neil and Skip concentrating on the product, which they are.

And hey, if you can make some extra money on the clothing, why not? Lots of my friends that don't have Cigarettes say "Man my wife won't wear our brands clothes, she wants Cigarette stuff." There is nothing wrong with that.

GLH 05-13-2003 11:44 AM

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
..."Man my wife won't wear our brands clothes, she wants Cigarette stuff."...
:eek::eek::eek::eek::Dhttp://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon14.gif

BLee 05-13-2003 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Cigracer 28, me too, dude! I'll say it again, yes I wish Cigarette was racing in Factory 2 and Super V, however Cigarette builds a heck of a boat and there attention to rigging detail set's the standard.
I'd buy a Cigarette!
Mike

Me too brother,

I wish we had a few on the circuit right now too. There will be though. "Lynch Mob" will be back. We all know Tres isn't finished. And don't count Philly out, he's gettin the itch.

What sucks is that "Rio Roses" is obsolete now with the new changes to super vee.

There will be Cig's racing in the future. That company was absolutely "rock bottom" when Skip bought it. He's getting the books straight now, upping production, and most importantly selling and marketing to his foundation, us.

When he gets everything going just right, they are doin a race boat. I heard it from the horses mouth. It WILL be the one to beat. I can't wait! :D

CAP071 05-13-2003 01:37 PM

I don't own a CIG, But wish I did, and hope to one day. I have to jump in here for just 1 minute. Has anyone ever been to a Nascar race? I have and I can tell you this, Stand in line buddy! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is standing in line buying everything from T-shirts to hats. There is big money$$$ in them there pockets. I'm sure the money will be funneled back in the company, and if not someone else will buy it.

Now if anyone wants to offer me a ride in a REAL CIG!:D

BLee 05-13-2003 01:41 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
I don't own a CIG, But wish I did, and hope to one day. I have to jump in here for just 1 minute. Has anyone ever been to a Nascar race? I have and I can tell you this, Stand in line buddy! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is standing in line buying everything from T-shirts to hats. There is big money$$$ in them there pockets. I'm sure the money will be funneled back in the company, and if not someone else will buy it.

Now if anyone wants to offer me a ride in a REAL CIG!:D

Excellent point CAP. If you get lost in OKlahoma sometime, I'll give you a ride and a beer!

birdog 05-13-2003 02:37 PM

I have an old Cigarette. I'd buy a new Cigarette tomorrow.;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up...................:D

Partycove 05-13-2003 02:59 PM

I get so tired of Outer limits and Apache getting all the credit of making a well made boat. I would put a Cig up against both! People are so fast to cut a Cig down.