Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Uh Oh, Better Check My Pulse....... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49900-uh-oh-better-check-my-pulse.html)

Frequency 05-13-2003 01:49 PM

Uh Oh, Better Check My Pulse.......

1 Attachment(s)
Yep,

I've got one!

:cool: :cool:

Zero Cavity 05-13-2003 02:23 PM

Welcome to the pulse Drive family!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell us more about your boat and what horse power aplication.

Frequency 05-13-2003 02:47 PM

The application is a bit different. We always boat with friends - lots of friends. Our current boat, a 29' Envision miscabin/openbow has plenty of room, but we would like a little more. So, we're moving up to a 32' model. Unfortunately, the extended cockpit model is not offered with twin engine/Bravo power due to the bench seat sitting over the engine compartment. With pulse-drive installation, the engines sit lower, so it looks like I can shoehorn twins into this boat.

As far as power goes, 600HP 540's should do the job. :D

Jassman 05-13-2003 07:09 PM

Frequency, what made you go with Pulse, and did you drive any other boats w/Pulse on them before you bought, how are they for docking. thanks Jeff:D

Frequency 05-13-2003 10:50 PM

The appeal of the pulse-drive lies in it's simplicity, and it is ideal for the type of boating we do. Shallow draft, integrated swim platform, and solid ZF trannies make for a great family pleasure/performance system. I've never been in a boat equipped with these drives, just going on the info provided by those that have them, and my own instincts. Boat builders have told me you can't have both world's - passenger capacity and offshore performance. Envision told me they can't build an extended cockpit with twin engines.

I don't like to be told I can't do something, so I guess I'm out to prove that I can. I'll keep everyone posted with pictures of the installation process and the results!

cuda 05-14-2003 12:21 AM

Originally posted by Too Old

I wanna watch!:D :D :D

Voyeur!!!!!!!!!:eek: :) :D

imongo 05-14-2003 06:49 AM

Welcome to the family!

Mongo

Jassman 05-07-2006 03:00 PM

Re: Uh Oh, Better Check My Pulse.......

Originally Posted by Frequency
The appeal of the pulse-drive lies in it's simplicity, and it is ideal for the type of boating we do. Shallow draft, integrated swim platform, and solid ZF trannies make for a great family pleasure/performance system. I've never been in a boat equipped with these drives, just going on the info provided by those that have them, and my own instincts. Boat builders have told me you can't have both world's - passenger capacity and offshore performance. Envision told me they can't build an extended cockpit with twin engines.

I don't like to be told I can't do something, so I guess I'm out to prove that I can. I'll keep everyone posted with pictures of the installation process and the results!

So what ended up happening, just curious on if you still have a pulse left :D Jeff

Frequency 05-07-2006 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jassman
So what ended up happening, just curious on if you still have a pulse left :D Jeff

The pulse is getting stronger! Wow Jeff, you must be pretty bored to dig this up! :D

This year looks to be a good year for trouble free boating. I experienced the Florida Shuffle when I purchased "new" engines in '03, but the guys at TMP fixed that problem last spring. The motors are solid and make 625 Hp. I'm under-propped right now, but have new props coming. Traded the stock ZF trannies for Huber upgraded ones so they should be pretty bulletproof pushing an 8000# boat.

Last year was our first taste of all-around fun. Drop the drives and you can ski and tube no trouble at all. Just trim up when you're ready to go somewhere........ :D :D

Jassman 05-08-2006 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Frequency
The pulse is getting stronger! Wow Jeff, you must be pretty bored to dig this up! :D

This year looks to be a good year for trouble free boating. I experienced the Florida Shuffle when I purchased "new" engines in '03, but the guys at TMP fixed that problem last spring. The motors are solid and make 625 Hp. I'm under-propped right now, but have new props coming. Traded the stock ZF trannies for Huber upgraded ones so they should be pretty bulletproof pushing an 8000# boat.

Last year was our first taste of all-around fun. Drop the drives and you can ski and tube no trouble at all. Just trim up when you're ready to go somewhere........ :D :D

Im glad things are working out. I am reserching surface drives and came across this thread and wondered how you liked the set up vs the orig. stern drive set up. Are you getting enough bow lift, this is what im finding out can sometimes be a problem with surface drives in a V. Did you have to lower the motors or change the COG to make the boat perform. Thanks and have a fun summer. Jeff