Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run >

Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Notices

Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Old 04-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

This year on May 17 & 18 will be the Queen's Great Boat Race, the Lake George Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run. Saturday will consist of the Offshore Demonstration Race in the afternoon and the Queens Race in the evening. The Queen's Great Boat Race is when several of the lake's tour boats/ships race each other from Bolton Landing to Lake George Village. Sunday will be the radar runs. It is the type of radar run where you stipulate what speed you will run and then try to come as close as possible to hitting that mark. Otis311 from the board will there with his BEAUTIFUL new 38 Cig. Let me kow if any of you are planning to attend.

Here is a preliminary listing of boats either confirmed or planning on attending.

(2) 24 Skater's
32 Skater (The Old Pennzoil boat may be dusted off)
Otis311 in his beautiful 38 Cig
2 or 3 other Cigs
388 Slingshot with blown 500's
6 or 7 Fountains of various sizes and power packages
36 Spectre canopied

...among others

Bob, add more if you know more specifics. Hope to see some OSO members there!

Last edited by Shane; 04-21-2003 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

More information Shane.
Is it open to all?
Fees?
How do we book it?
Special Safety requirements?
Can we anchor or set up a marina overnight for Saturday maybe even Friday?
Where can we lauch?

And most importantly will the ice be out in Mid-May.

We would be in for that.

Last edited by GLH; 04-21-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
More information Shane.
Is it open to all?
Fees?
How do we book it?
Special Safety requirements?
Can we anchor or set up a marina overnight for Saturday maybe even Friday?
Where can we lauch?

And most importantly will the ice be out in Mid-May.

We would be in for that.
Q. Is it open to all?
A. I think the organizers are looking for a few more boats that run a minimum of 75 mph.

Q. Fees?
A. No fees at all.

Q. How do we book it?
A. Just need verbal confirmation. I will talk with the organizer or PM Otis311. He is more involved in that end than I am.

Q. Special Safety Requirements?
A. Helmet and life jackets.

Q. There are several marinas and motels with docking. I could hook you up with a motel with docks and a ramp.

Q. Will the ice be out by then?
A. GOOD QUESTION! I was there this weekend and there still is ice and MAJOR DAMAGE! Should be gone by then.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 04-22-2003, 05:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shane, I'll be there with my new 30 Spectre. Delivery is suppose to be in 9 more days!!!!!! All the board members should get together for some food or drinks somewhere on the lake.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GLH,

Give me a call if you would like to participate. The demonstration race is generally closed out for saftey reasons to outsiders. If you would like to run in it, call me and Im sure we can get you in. It IS NOT A RACE though. We are just going to make it look like one, all take turns leading, run the course thats set up, and make alot of noise,and look good doing it. Most all the crowd wont know the difference if we are doing a safe 70 mph or going 100 mph. The Radar run will be Sunday and that is open to all, with prizes for the winner, I think the entry fee for this is $20.00 but I could be wrong. It is a great kickoff weekend to the summer and the crowds are great as long as the weather holds out and is a nice day. As far as safety equipment goes, I will look into this. In the past helmuts and jackets have been worn, but they were all running 100 plus mph. I cant stress enough that we wont be doing this this year, but we will be running in tight formationin a closed course.

Call me @518 361-0811 and let me know if you are interested

Bob Scanlon
Old 04-22-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Chuck
Shane, I'll be there with my new 30 Spectre. Delivery is suppose to be in 9 more days!!!!!! All the board members should get together for some food or drinks somewhere on the lake.
Chuck,

I heard you were getting the Spectre. Congratulations! What power do you have? Twin HP's or 496's? I look forward to seeing it. Any possibility for a ride? Be careful if you launch next week. LOTS AND LOTS OF DEBRIS and as of yesterday still some ice! If anyone needs any help call me on my cell and I look forward to it!

I think a get together atthe Algonquin would be great for some evening enjoyment and commradderie.

Shane Mahieu
518-281-7963

Last edited by Shane; 04-22-2003 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by OTIS311
GLH,

Give me a call if you would like to participate. The demonstration race is generally closed out for saftey reasons to outsiders. If you would like to run in it, call me and Im sure we can get you in. It IS NOT A RACE though. We are just going to make it look like one, all take turns leading, run the course thats set up, and make alot of noise,and look good doing it. Most all the crowd wont know the difference if we are doing a safe 70 mph or going 100 mph. The Radar run will be Sunday and that is open to all, with prizes for the winner, I think the entry fee for this is $20.00 but I could be wrong. It is a great kickoff weekend to the summer and the crowds are great as long as the weather holds out and is a nice day. As far as safety equipment goes, I will look into this. In the past helmuts and jackets have been worn, but they were all running 100 plus mph. I cant stress enough that we wont be doing this this year, but we will be running in tight formationin a closed course.

Call me @518 361-0811 and let me know if you are interested

Bob Scanlon
Bob is exactly correct. We will be keeping it reasonable on hte speed and just have a great time. Everyone will have a chance to lead and we will all be running along side for a GREAT TIME!

Shane
Old 04-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane, if you do a get together, it should be in the Village right after the show-race. I think we are going to put our boats on display for the public to see at whats left of the public docks or at the King Neptunes docks. The Village will be hopping and we all could be around for the finish of the Great Queens race and the celebrating that goes on afterwards.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shane, i went with the 496 h.o.'s. I would of liked to have the h.p.'s but the 5 years of warranty vs. the 45 hp diff. didn't seem like a good trade off. the last couple of years have been painfull on my wallet!!! i probably won't put the boat in the water until the weekend before the Queen's race. as far as a ride goes only if a get a blast in the skater in return. the algonquin or the village sound great to me!!!

Quick Reply: Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.