Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Haverstraw Gathering (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49955-haverstraw-gathering.html)

Lucididee 05-14-2003 03:16 PM

Nothing is going on around hear for the 1st & 2nd weekend of August.

We are definately interested for the Poker Run Raft-Up.

What dates do you have Open?

AND PANTHER.............YOU BETTER BE THERE!!!!:eek:
(Only Kidding)
:D :D :D :D

Panther 06-30-2003 07:44 PM

Whenever is good for me, just not this weekend

Lucididee 06-30-2003 09:38 PM

Let's figure out which weekend? Panther talk with mtm and let's get this started.

Lucididee 07-01-2003 11:34 PM

Want to try and plan this run for next weekend, the 12th.

Any takers???

mr_velocity 07-02-2003 06:37 AM

Put in some fresh gas, started the motors and went for a ride. This is probably the latest I have ever gotten the boat running, not including the year I didn't even pull the cover. Water pumps are a little weak so I'll do the rebuild on them Friday morning, no time and I don't want to chance not getting it done for Thursday night. Also need to reseal the headers. The boat is a mess, I managed to clean the interior but she needs a little compound/ on the deck, even with the full cover (summer too).

Now Panther has my worried about the noise since my exhaust is nearly dry. I guess I just need to use the mufflers in the river from now on.

Since it looks like the party is canceled that weekend, I'm thinking about heading out to Fire Island on Friday morning and spending the weekend out there with the kids. Kinda wish I had something in the cabin now. Also heard one of the locals (ice cream fountain) was thinking about putting together a run for us. Not sure if that is going to happen, I'll get more details tonight.

We'll look for you guys Thursday night, although my kids may drive you nuts.

ScottB 07-02-2003 06:42 AM

It nice to see you boating again Gary

mr_velocity 07-02-2003 06:50 AM

Thanks, I have to admit it felt pretty good with the motors singing along at 5600!!

ScottB 07-02-2003 07:04 AM

Slap a P on the boat and go get the 3k in AC

mr_velocity 07-02-2003 07:20 AM

I'll be there, watching you guys race!!! My racing days are over for a while......

Lucididee 07-02-2003 09:51 AM

Mr_Velocity,

Don't know about Fire Island, it may be hard for all of us to leave on Friday.

I gonna try and push to get the boat out early tomorrow so we have a place to raft up, and maybe a little ride around the hook :D . Panther said he wasn't heading down the river until later. Take your cell with ya, call us when you heading down and raft-up with us. Who cares about the kids, they kids will bring the entertainment :D.