If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    I need some antifreeze for a 1975 vw bug. Ask him how often do you need to change the air in the tires ? tell him You need some spark plugs for your f350 ford diesel.There is to many andys out there.thats like asking for a oil filter for a 350 0r 454 or a starter from 1960,s to 1996,s

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs

My Boats:
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Siloam Springs, Ar.
    Used to go into Orielly's to get transmission filter when I serviced my tranny on my 1995 Chevy 4x4. Same crap, year, make, model, 1/2 ton?, reg cab/ e-cab, and so on. They always wanted to know what gears it had in it. Used to really piss me off. Told them it didn't matter, get me the filter and I'll tell you if it's right or not. They wouldn't do it. So I gave in and told them what gears it had in it. (it had a 6" lift and I had re-geared to 4:56) It's got 4:56s in it. Talk about smoke comin off the keyboard on that one.

Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    I only buy parts from dealers, a lot of the cheap stores sell cheap quality parts. Or I order what I want online. Dealing with a $6.00 an hour kid (they would have decent people if they paid more than BK) isn't worth my time.
    As US1 Fountian said, find an old parts store (usually not a chain) with someone who has been around the block and you will get good service.

My Boats:
    Baja Force 235
    Westport, Kentucky
    All my tow vehicles have been Frankensteins. Parts were hard to get.

80 F-150 with swapped out 460 and rear axle from Lincoln, 9.25 rear end.

Truck 1a.
    79 Bronco with SBC WTF?

Truck 2.
    82 Suburban with 90 something Diesel converted to gas with an old T-400 tranny. T-case from 72 so NP-205. After a chitload of questions they would usually let me wonder around in the shelves until I found what I wanted!

Truck 3.
    96 Tahoe, 100 percent stock (except for corvette guts in tranny). Now when they look up parts they know exactly what I want and are out of stock.

My Boats:
    32' Velocity /Thoroughbed
    Freehold NJ
    Chevy dealers arent much better, tell them u need parts for a Mark IV BB, and they look at you like you have 2 heads.
    Same crap " what model, yr , what color seats, does it have floor mats, ??

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    CAP071, That Turbo 1989 GTA was a badass ride. I found one on a Lexus lot a few years ago, as it had like 13K miles on it; and was traded in on some sports car they had. I came to find out, it had be auto-crossed all its life. Yes, damn near 13K miles worth of auto crossing. The underside was so sprayed with melted rubber, it looked like someone had flipped it over and given it a spary in bed-liner treatment. First tip was that it did not have original rubber, (at 13K miles, it should), and also, it had exhaust cutouts welded in.

I still took it for one HELL of a test drive, and broke the rear end loose at 90mph. Scared the living pee out of the sales guy, as he was used to riding Lexus'. I could literally hear him grip into the leather with his fingers.

I went into Napa one Saturday afternoon, I was rebuilding a trim pump and needed an o-ring.

The guy asked what it was for(like it mattered) and I said a pump, why does it matter? He says what is it on, and I told him a trim pump for a boat, he imediately says well you need to go to a marina for that I told him to just bring me out the O-ring assortment box and I would get it,.....he says (with an attitude)...NO! we dont have any marine o-rings, so I told him to get ****ed and cancel by company's account with their store

A few weeks later the manager called and wanted to know why I had cancelled my account and I told him the story..............He says well the kid was right, we dont sell marine o-rings What a friggin idiot!

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    You guys should try doing this on a daily basis. Number one problem finnishing any repair job is piss poor parts guys!!!!!

My Boats:
    Hot rods, Hot boats, Beer & more Beer
    Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
    Just went thru this on Sunday at Autozone with a guy who looked like he just stepped out of a "Starsky and Hutch" re-run.
    Hey, I think that guy works at the Autozone near me too!

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    I like asking the idiot if they have any muffler bearings in stock for a V7 motor.....hehehehehehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast