Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Airdock boatlift (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50050-airdock-boatlift.html)

Peconic 05-16-2003 04:23 AM

Originally posted by h2owarrior
Cigaretteman, $30,000 sounds like a lot of money. How much of that cost is shipping ?
Probably a whole lot. I don't have their pricelist in my head, but I seem to recall that their 4000 lbs model went for $4K or thereabouts.

Cigman: Given your rather skinny slip size and the inordinate shipping costs to the state of Denmark, maybe that Airdock is not such a bad choice for you after all. Deflated, it's much easier to ship than the bulky stuff.

And if you get sick of it, you can use it as a waterbed.

jafo 05-16-2003 06:53 AM

Originally posted by Peconic
Deflated, it's much easier to ship than the bulky stuff.
And if you get sick of it, you can use it as a waterbed.

Are you talking about the same Airdock I'm familiar with? The one I know of is made of black poly plastic squares that interlock to form size and shape, from trawler, jet ski, performance boat, to float plane, they're pretty damn versatile, but I think you'd have a tough time deflating them, and I sure wouldn't want to sleep on them either.;) :) Is there another out there that I haven't heard of that inflates?
Jim

Peconic 05-16-2003 07:04 AM

Jafo: The Airdock is the floating whoopie cushion. Inflatable.

http://www.airdock.com

I'm familiar with the plastic squares, but their name escapes me at the moment. They definitely do not in- or deflate.

jafo 05-16-2003 07:21 AM

Sorry peconic- my mistake!

The one I'm thinking of is Jet-Dock, and they ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!

From the ones I've seen though, they work very well; not sure how good they would be in an area affected by wakes or waves, but I watched a guy power a Cessna 206 on floats up on one, and it was the slickest thing I've seen for that application.
They make them in all sizes and shapes for any boat.
Jim

damndonzi 05-25-2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman (Post 574893)
Does anybody have experience with this type of boat lift good or bad ? I am considering it for my Top Gun since I canīt fit any other type of lift in my slip.

Cigaretteman

THEY WORK GREAT, BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY BOTTOM PAINT THAT WILL STICK TO THE AIR DOCK TO KEEP THE BARNACLES OFF YET...

damndonzi 05-25-2009 08:32 PM

Air Dock Boat Lift

Originally Posted by damndonzi (Post 2872799)
THEY WORK GREAT, BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY BOTTOM PAINT THAT WILL STICK TO THE AIR DOCK TO KEEP THE BARNACLES OFF YET...

ANYBODY HAVING ANY SUCCESS WITH BOTTOM PAINT ON THESE AIR DOCKS ? I TRIED WHAT THEY RECOMMEND ( BOTTOM SHIELD BY WEST MARINE) BUT IT FELL OFF AFTER A MONTH AND I WOUND UP WITH LOTS OF BARNACLES TO SCRAPE AT THE END OF THE SEASON...

glassdave 05-25-2009 08:43 PM

there are some sealers just for polyethylene that may work or at least help. Hey if the paint doesn't stick how do the barnacles stick? :D

you know this is a six year old thread dont ya :D

Ryan8886 05-25-2009 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2872818)
there are some sealers just for polyethylene that may work or at least help. Hey if the paint doesn't stick how do the barnacles stick? :D

you know this is a six year old thread dont ya :D

Dave,

What kind of sealer would you recommend? Ran into problems last year with zebra mussles all over the bottom of mine...ended up with a cut in it thanks to them. Know nothing will keep them off entirely but anything would help.

glassdave 05-25-2009 11:16 PM

actually i didnt realize these were the inflatable bag type of lift i thought it was about the ridgid Jet dock type. Not sure what you can put on these kind.

EWPE 05-26-2009 07:05 AM

I have had two different size airdocks and have used the West marine bottom shield with out a problem . Call Ken at airdock he has always been helpful .