Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marathon Results (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50251-marathon-results.html)

PJA 05-20-2003 05:39 PM

Mike I could tell you why Mel didn't go to Tomlinson but it's not up to me to speak for him. My point was if your going to DQ for something then check it. If it's important enough to be in the rule book then it should be important enough to check.Your not supposed to break out in speed and thats checked.By the way was everyone DQ'ed whos numbers were not legal?

BRUCE SEROFF 05-20-2003 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Runaway
Mel

If the class where A,B,C,D,E, class This would not have happing it all the P`s the scorers got lost

Mike...read your post. what the hell are you saying????

PJA 05-20-2003 06:39 PM

Mike I'm not Mel's attorney. He left right after the race to repair the boat (post #25) to race again on sunday.I'm Not trying to pin anything on anyone I think if it's that important that there is a rule then maybe they should check them.True it's there responsibility to make them right. The did make it through St Cloud ok. Do they really weigh P class boats? As for Tomlinson ask Mel. A rule is a rule is fine if you enforce it across the board.

PJA 05-20-2003 07:09 PM

Mike personally there should be more people involved like you that care about the racer. It seems right now they are after the money and don't care if the racers have a good time and get treated fair.Lets face it P class is for the fun of it but men and women are spending there hard earned cash to have fun they should aleast get a fair shake.Since we both agree about Mel you can see why some of us would stick up for his team. Pete

BRUCE SEROFF 05-20-2003 07:55 PM

Hey Steve.....

WAZZZZUP....missed ya at the boat wash Saturday.

I think that this is a good thing. Not just because it benefitted me. But because all of us will pay more attention to the rule book in detail, knowing now, that even the simplest infraction will be penalized.

Sean 05-20-2003 07:55 PM

Steve...when you gonna send me pics of the 24???

:) :) :)

BRUCE SEROFF 05-20-2003 08:25 PM

Well it worked . zero tolerance is the only way. Its the only way to keep the P classes from cheating and sandbagging. We talked about the GPS for the OPA races. Now that we have seen how well it worked , I believe we will pursue some local marine suppliers for sponsorship opportunities to provide GPS units at their cost (or better) to the individual teams.

See ya soon....

cuda 05-20-2003 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike

Frankly I do not believe it is the inspectors job to look at numbers unless they are blatantly small nor is it the inspectors job to make sure the contingency sponsors decals are on the boat. The inspector do not go around measuring 80+ boats numbers.If you want the money get the decals on the boat, if you want to be scored correctly get your number the correct size.

Mike, I certainly have no axe to grind in either direction. If it isn't their job to measure 80+ boats before a race, how does it become their job to do it after a race. My point is not that he was dq'd because of improper numbers, it is that it was done after the fact. At exactly what point of the race does it become the inspector's job to decide that the numbers are too small?

I have no doubt it is in the rulebook

Wazzup Racing 05-20-2003 08:54 PM

Steve

Hey, it was great to finally meet you. You really made Rons day. And by the way he did a great job washing my boat. And I do have to agree, there are a lot of seriously motivated P class racers out there, and they deserve a congratulations for a job well done. Ed

Reindl Powerboats 05-20-2003 08:58 PM

Ryan,

Thanks for doing our P1 decals the morning of the race. I have been out there scoring, and can tell ya it is no easy job. We even painted our boats different colors to help with the scoring. Get the numbers fixed and lets go racing!