Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George WE Demo run + Speed Run Pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50304-lake-george-we-demo-run-speed-run-pics.html)

GLH 05-18-2003 09:41 PM

Finally Beautiful Lake George in the morning right before Breakfast.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...50dscf0004.jpg

Shane 05-19-2003 04:29 AM

GLH,

It was great to have you, the Mrs. and Christopher. We had a awesome time as well. Many laughs and good times with great friends. Glad you had a safe trip home and we look forward to visiting the BIG lake soon.

Shane

GLH 05-19-2003 07:23 AM

On OSO at 5:30 AM your nuts buddy!!! no wonder that skater has 48 coats of wax on and under it...

Shane 05-19-2003 07:47 AM

Originally posted by GLH
On OSO at 5:30 AM your nuts buddy!!! no wonder that skater has 48 coats of wax on and under it...
:D :D :D :D

Chris288 05-19-2003 08:09 AM

Originally posted by GLH
The big winner of the speed run in a more camera friendly position driving the winning Scarab!!!
Of course they told me Paul(hot boat) built a bunch of 10 second car, well I didn't know they meant the engine lasts 10 seconds cause this his is 2 hour boat. Calling Bob(Otis311) and Shane back to thank them for their unbelievable hospitality over the weekend I learned that after we left, that Winning Scarab proceeded to have a very easily assessable speed.....

what does this mean ?? is paul's boat still in once piece ??

:confused: :confused:

Shane 05-19-2003 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Chris232
what does this mean ?? is paul's boat still in once piece ??

:confused: :confused:

Chris,

Uh, not exactly. See, the radar run was set up as follows. You cannot exceed 45 MPH:mad: and you had to pick the speed you were to run down to the 1/10th MPH and not exceed that as well. Whoever came closest won. GLH and Paul were tied for first and Tantrum got 2nd. Later in the day Tantrum and Paul went for a ride up the lake and he lost the #8 cylinder. He is calling the engine builder this am to find out the dealio. We worked till 11 is on Saturday night at my house to get it running.

Let's hope the engine builder makes good on it.

Chris288 05-19-2003 08:33 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Chris,

Uh, not exactly. See, the radar run was set up as follows. You cannot exceed 45 MPH:mad: and you had to pick the speed you were to run down to the 1/10th MPH and not exceed that as well. Whoever came closest won. GLH and Paul were tied for first and Tantrum got 2nd. Later in the day Tantrum and Paul went for a ride up the lake and he lost the #8 cylinder. He is calling the engine builder this am to find out the dealio. We worked till 11 is on Saturday night at my house to get it running.

Let's hope the engine builder makes good on it.

Thanks Shane, you've got to be kidding me !!!, unfortunately, I know your not... That boy has the damndest luck or should I say bad-luck !! sorry to hear this.. :( :( I went over after work on friday and helped out for 3 hours myself..

P.S. do you guys actually know what happend to the motor ?? I.E. piston, rod, rings, anything ??

Shane 05-19-2003 08:39 AM

Thanks Shane, you've got to be kidding me !!!, unfortunately, I know your not... That boy has the damndest luck or should I say bad-luck !! sorry to hear this.. :( :( I went over after work on friday and helped out for 3 hours myself..
He told me you helped him out. He just called me and I am on the phone as I write this. He hopes it is just a valve. He is going to do a leak down test this afternoon and we will see. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chris288 05-19-2003 08:45 AM

well, I'm hoping !!! if its just a valve, does the motor have to come back out ??

Shane 05-19-2003 08:51 AM

well, I'm hoping !!! if its just a valve, does the motor have to come back out ??
Nope, just pull the head and replace the valve is there is no damage.