If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1993 Cigarette Top Gun
    Kankakee Illinois
    It has been my experience that a fresh engine will run a little warmer than normal till it gets some time on it. My hp 500 also warms up a lot faster on the hose than it does in the lake. It warms up even faster and cycles quicker at high idle.
    As far as the gauges being jumpy, I would vote for a bad ground.
    Good luck......................................................................R oger

My Boats:
    1997 35' Fountain
    Tinley Park, IL
    Run it on the hose without the Stat and see if it's still heating up. I'd also throw a mechanical Temp gauge on to double check the temp. I don't trust electric gauges. I ran mine on the hose for fifteen minutes Saturday and couldn't get the engine over 140. My stats are 140ís. Next winter you need to put a water pressure gauge on the Foul so you don't have to second guess if your impellor is good.

Good luck,

Charter Member #655 Charter Member dyno's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Sonic 31ss
    Holland, Michigan
    Mike sorry you had a mess with the oil pressure gauge but its supposed to be run on the floor with that gauge not in the bilge!It gets banged around alot in the garage hope you have better luck at LOTO!!!
    If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?

My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
    Toledo Oh
    You mite want to take the whole thermostst housing appart I had problemems once with crap in there good luck.

My Boats:
    22 Velocity #700 "Lil Squirt"
    Lake of the Ozarks
    if you had the balls out of the housing from the start that is your problem on a hose or in the lake, the "piddle Balls" hold the water water in theblock to an extent until the t stat opens, while they are just letting by what is required to the exhaust without these in there you will always experience an overheat condition at idle, because without them there they allow all the water to run right into the exhaust. there is still water in the block that you are seeing through the block plugs but that water never really has to leave since most of your fresh incoming water is going right straight thru where the piddle balls should be.... oh yeah this whole statement only applies to engines originally equipped with piddle balls. p.s. if you need some i have them here at loto 374-5257

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    He said "Piddle Balls"

Sandusky Bay

Re: Over Heating

WaterFoul :

Try taking the water inlet hose off at the engine circulating pump and back flush the oil cooler, also take off the Sea Pump hose and back flush,, there will be particles of impellers and trash stuck in both places that can slow down the water flow,,, it will still flow, however u will only be getting 50% of the volume that u should be getting. Hope all the problems are simple ones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12