Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi Barrell Roll?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50538-donzi-barrell-roll.html)

audacity 05-22-2003 07:16 AM

"school of hard knocks" lessons really drive the point home, don't they?"....i don't understand....

what i do understand is we need to do more homework. we need to save crashing and busting parts for practice and not in the race...that's always true but we only get one mulligan in this series....and we just used it.

C_Spray 05-22-2003 07:23 AM

Originally posted by audacity
"school of hard knocks" lessons really drive the point home, don't they?"....i don't understand....
I meant your spin, as opposed to the "theory" that there might have been a problem. Nothing like that kind of experience :eek: to reinforce the message and impart a sense of urgency, is there?

mr_velocity 05-22-2003 07:28 AM

Originally posted by C_Spray
Too Old's right about his conspiracy theory - Merc wants everybody to runs 6's, not Bravos... ("The money.....the money...")

In the long run it will be much much cheaper to run #6s in a racing program and merc will make less $$$. You can't just look at the equipment cost, the #6s is a lot cheaper to maintain throughout a race season. Everyone who runs a bravo should, some do, go through the drive after every race. #6 drives don't contribute to the reef program either. Also, you need to consider other damage when you break a bravo like damage to the boat, steering system, etc.

Chris288 05-22-2003 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Baja Daze

Believe me, no one wishes harm to you or is relishing this incident, but it has caught enough attention from those of us who have been witness to your attitude and arrogance, to make a mental note.

Ain't that the truth !! :o :o

audacity 05-22-2003 07:47 AM

C, you have missed my point...in no way shape or form are we looking to blame something or someone other than ourselves! in the end we are the only ones to blame...set-up, driving, throttling, trimming...it all comes back to us...we win as a team and lose as a team and share equal responsibility.

crashing is just part of racing....it's not the first time and chances are it's not going to be the last. again we accept the responsibilities and consequences.

i agree with mr v. i would rather run #6's....SV should totally use them!

Sydwayz 05-22-2003 08:27 AM

OK, whose MD/VA area AT rolled over? I only know of one such person in this area to fit the profile, who races, and has an AT for pleasure, and I am faily confident I would know if it has rolled.

Pete B 05-22-2003 08:28 AM

hey joey,
any word on rick's boat, any damge??

audacity 05-22-2003 08:34 AM

no....we really didn't get a chance....what happened to him anyway???we worked our asses off from the the moment the hatch came up and didn't stop till everything was done around 10ish...we really wanted to get to the awards and support all the other racers! but it just was not in the cards.

jafo 05-22-2003 09:05 AM

I heard from the friend of a step-brother of a second cousin of an Active Thunder owner that his boat 'almost' had a problem somewhere near Maryland,....... or was it Nova Scotia?............he thought that may have been in the last seven years or so............ :crazy: :confused: :p
:D

dockrocker 05-22-2003 09:52 AM

Originally posted by jafo
I heard from the friend of a step-brother of a second cousin of an Active Thunder owner that his boat 'almost' had a problem somewhere near Maryland,....... or was it Nova Scotia?............he thought that may have been in the last seven years or so............ :crazy: :confused: :p
:D

LOL!!! Brilliant!! :D :D :D :D