Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi Barrell Roll?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50538-donzi-barrell-roll.html)

SLINGSHOT 05-21-2003 02:47 PM

exactly baja daze.....as they say dont dish it if you cant take it!

HiPerf2000 05-21-2003 03:07 PM

Fred...,,,, your killing me... :D :D :D

Dredgeking 05-21-2003 03:13 PM

where are the pics?

T2x 05-21-2003 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Baja Daze

Believe me, no one wishes harm to you or is relishing this incident, but it has caught enough attention from those of us who have been witness to your attitude and arrogance, to make a mental note.

I have to agree with Daze.......... As a matter of fact it has reinforced my religious tendencies....... all through this thread a thought has continually echoed in my head......

There is a God, and he works in mysterious ways....................;)

T2x......... glad no one was hurt....but amused at the irony

P.S. Fred......... You're killing me too :D :D :D

Firewalker 05-21-2003 03:37 PM

a few thoughts I have

1- if the drives are lower, the chance of the skeg breaking are slim, the sportmaster has a thick skeg, and can withstand extreme X dimension without snapping on much faster boats than the Donzi (or any other Vee for that matter).
2- if the skeg came off with the boat moving in the direction of thrust the skeg would have gone through the prop blades, apparently they didn't have a mark on them so as an outsider looking in, I would say that those drives were moving sideways when the skeg decided to leave (read the boat was already spinning)
3- a vee does not even approach the forces on a drive that a cat does and the sportmaster is working well with more hp than a 525, and the skegs are staying on.

The laws of physics do not steer you wrong.

RT

audacity 05-21-2003 03:43 PM

the pics are still on phils and Q's computer...they should have them all to me tomorrow.

BD i would really like to see where you have gotten these views...i do not think that but i can see how i may have mis communitacted my point at times.

T2x...i'm not going to comment on your tendencies. but it's always nice to see your thinking of me....

ps...it should make no difference if i was hurt or not...the facts are still the facts....

SPITFIRE 05-21-2003 03:52 PM

the love

I'm just not feeling it around me but I am enjoying my popcorn. Great banter, very entertaining!!!!!!!!!!

audacity 05-21-2003 04:09 PM

RT,,,yet another GREAT observation!...the skeg it self did not come apart...it took 1/4 the case with it as well for the most part clean..."The laws of physics do not steer you wrong"...i could not agree more....failure analysis is nothing new to us...we see this day in a day out.

our (F2 and F1) are the only boats using the sportmaster lower in an application where it was not designed to. why would anyone install it to go slower....we also are 9800lbs at the start of a race! the math is really not on our side....

T2x 05-21-2003 04:13 PM

Originally posted by audacity

ps...it should make no difference if i was hurt or not.

That having been said...... I suggest that you look in the eyes of any family members or people that love you. Ask yourself if you really want to hurt these eyes by doing something to harm yourself....and then re-read your answer above.

All of us are valuable to somebody...... even, if not to ourselves.

T2x

CESSNA 05-21-2003 04:17 PM

I HAVE TO AGREE FULLY with Daze and Too Old ,glad no one was hurt though