Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is a WORLD CHAMPION? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50584-what-world-champion.html)

x-caliber 05-21-2003 08:32 PM

What is a WORLD CHAMPION?

Everywhere we look, everyone seems to be a World and/or National Champion...I am guessing that it is easier to get this title now than before...so, WHAT is before and WHEN did it get so easy to get this title? I have heard that a World Championship title was EARNED in the earlier days, late 70's to early 80's. What is the REAL story on championships? WHO and WHEN?

ScottB 05-21-2003 08:34 PM

Don't bite on this BS its a waste of time

RLW 05-21-2003 08:45 PM

If you give Carbonell $2700 and race one other boat and win, you can be WORLD CHAMPION. Then you have to try to get the race winnings (cash). It's that simple!

Steve 1 05-21-2003 09:25 PM

I guess if one won the American title then went and won a U.I.M Championship overseas then it could be construed as a World Champion; How else?

ActiveThunderTodd 05-21-2003 09:36 PM

so whose this x-caliber anyways....could we have another dual id poster going on here??? just registers today and is already stirring up crap....hmmm, inquiring minds want to know;)

Bosco 05-21-2003 09:55 PM

Todd,

How you and tracy been ? Is the AT still up for grabs ? My vacation is just about to end and soon I will be looking for lots of inventory. Let me know! Bosco:D

ActiveThunderTodd 05-21-2003 09:58 PM

John,

nice to hear from you. Tracy and I are doing great. Plan on making the move to sunny Florida early next year. Stayed in Tampa the other weekend and really enjoyed it.

Yea for the right person at the right price "Best Revenge" is always up for sale :D Gotta consider the move up in size you know.;)

THEJOKER 05-21-2003 10:07 PM

P-7 World Champions

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the boat I won the championship in last year. We duked it out with Boston Whaler - Boat US - Sea Swirl - Angler and many other fine competitors. We're proud of our title and we'll be back to defend!

2002 World Champions P7-1

THEJOKER 05-22-2003 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike:

Yea she's a real beauty. I'm dialing her in for The Worlds now. She's running 47.5 mph now thanks to my 150 Yamaha HPDI. Alittle prop work and I'll be in the front of the pack! Check out our latest member of the team. She's got a 454 cu inch Chevy and will probally break out at over 50 mph! BH

Shane 05-22-2003 08:56 AM

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Mike:

Yea she's a real beauty. I'm dialing her in for The Worlds now. She's running 47.5 mph now thanks to my 150 Yamaha HPDI. Alittle prop work and I'll be in the front of the pack! Check out our latest member of the team. She's got a 454 cu inch Chevy and will probally break out at over 50 mph! BH

That looks like a Nautique!