Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fort Desoto Park in Tierra Verde FL. >

Fort Desoto Park in Tierra Verde FL.

Notices

Fort Desoto Park in Tierra Verde FL.

Old 05-23-2003, 04:23 PM
TeamSonic42

Been there many times in my earlier days. Nice place, nice beach. Used to swim out to the sand bar in the earlier days......could get all kinds of cool shells and stuff.

Last time I was there several years ago, you could not swim across to the sand bar for fear of rip tides and under currents. Plenty of signs posted warning of such. When the tide was just right, you could walk around to it from the main beach. Dont know if it is still there, or if you can still do this.

Lots of great times and memories there ! Would love to bring the 42 on down and ride in the Gulf sometime. Are there any ramps that will accomdate the 42 in the St.Pete/Clear Water area ? If so where. When I was there last, didnt have a boat, so didnt look.

You guys are lucky to live in the area, would love to live there. Great Place and great water......

Old 05-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my boat from a gentleman named Ed Medley in Tierra Verde. Next best thing to the Keys!

I would not swim there nekkid- the sharks could perform an amputation... see diagram below

---------->>>>

Bulldog aka Bullfrog
Old 05-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ramp at Ft Desoto should do it. They just rebuilt it last year. It's a lot nicer now that it isn't as steep where it breaks over. I used to watch many trailers drag across the break.