Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My friends are on Junkyard Mega-Wars! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50850-my-friends-junkyard-mega-wars.html)

C_Spray 05-25-2003 07:46 PM

My friends are on Junkyard Mega-Wars!

Grant, Jerry, Rick, and Matt ("The Indy Idols") are guys I've worked with for years and years. I've known Grant (aka "Spock") since we went to Purdue together in the mid-70's, and I hired both him and Matt while I was Team Manager.

Best comment they got was when Don Prudhomme showed up, looked at what our guys had built, and called them "Cheatin' sons-a-bit&hes"). Quite the compliment, I thought.....

Watch the show - it's pretty cool. Can't tell you how it ends, though..... ;)

Shane 05-25-2003 08:21 PM

Originally posted by catmando
Can't find it, Chuck.:( What channel?
Catmando,

Try the Discovery Channel.

Chuck,

The wife and I are in for Philly! Hope you and Dianne are well. See you soon buddy.

Shane

Playn 05-25-2003 11:00 PM

Re: My friends are on Junkyard Mega-Wars!

Originally posted by C_Spray
Grant, Jerry, Rick, and Matt ("The Indy Idols") are guys I've worked with for years and years. I've known Grant (aka "Spock") since we went to Purdue together in the mid-70's, and I hired both him and Matt while I was Team Manager.

Best comment they got was when Don Prudhomme showed up, looked at what our guys had built, and called them "Cheatin' sons-a-bit&hes"). Quite the compliment, I thought.....

Watch the show - it's pretty cool. Can't tell you how it ends, though..... ;)

C_Spray, Your a Boilermaker? Ya can't be all bad then;)

R Addiction 05-25-2003 11:50 PM

Chuck, I saw that show tonight. Those Indy Idols had it won after they figured out the shifting problem then along comes the stock car guys and they "Rub" 'em out!!!! Great show!!!

Was down the marina today..........in the friggin' rain!!

C_Spray 05-26-2003 01:28 PM

Great picture, John.....

..That's why we didn't even bother driving down there. Crappy weather.

Yeah, the boys were looking pretty good (despite what Pat Foster was saying - what's his problem?) and then there came "the accident". Even though it was "for fun", these are REAL racers they were dealing with. The Junkyard Wars staff told us that they had never seen anything like what the "Idols" built. For one thing, it remains the only successful aplication of chain drive in the history of Junkyard Wars. Also the loudest machine ever built....

I don't think the oval should have been a "winner take all" deal, though - they should have awarded the prize on overall points. Oops - That would have been a three-way tie. (Hmmm.... )

Playn - Forgot to mention that Jerry is a Boilermaker, too - Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Grant was in his element - did you see the slip they showed where he figured out the top speed in each gear to a tenth of a mile per hour? :D

Playn 05-26-2003 01:43 PM

Re: Great picture, John.....

Playn - Forgot to mention that Jerry is a Boilermaker, too - Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Grant was in his element - did you see the slip they showed where he figured out the top speed in each gear to a tenth of a mile per hour? :D
Actually missed the show:(

Jana 05-27-2003 06:53 AM

That was a great show! Sorry your friends were involved in the crash. They were looking good up to that point.

Shane 05-27-2003 06:59 AM

Re: Great picture, John.....

..- did you see the slip they showed where he figured out the top speed in each gear to a tenth of a mile per hour? :D
You Indy guys are such NERDS!:p ;)

Morning Chuck, how are ya buddy?:D

Hot Boat 05-27-2003 08:34 AM

I was up till 2 am watching that show. I was all excited to see that go kart run on the ova and kickass. What a shame they got rubbed out in the first turn. :mad:

C_Spray 05-27-2003 09:17 PM

OK - show re-runs on The Learning Channel on Wednesday, May 28 (tomorrow) at 9:00 PM and again at midnight, also on Sunday, June 1 at 6:00 PM.