Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Car question (Infiniti G35 and...) >

Car question (Infiniti G35 and...)

Notices

Car question (Infiniti G35 and...)

Old 05-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car question (Infiniti G35 and...)

My g/f is looking to get a new car. She was set on the Infiniti G35 until we went back to the dealer for the second look.
Originally she was looking at the 4 door @ $499/mo. When we went back to order the car she changed her mind and was going for the coupe...$749/mo....duhhhh! The MSRP on these cars is only a difference of $1100. The dealer is saying its a way hot car so the lease rates dont have to be agressive. WTF...ok...see ya!
Well she needs another choice because thats way too much for something that doesnt have a big block.
She's looking for something low to mid 30's. She doesnt like the BMW, my sister has the 3.2TLS so she's not crazy about the "Me Too" perception. The Audi dealer was closed but I think they are in that price range.
What else should she look at? I have never leased anything, Ive alway purchased, anything I should look out for?

Oh yes, she needs 25K miles on the lease.

Last edited by Tantrum; 05-27-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Registered

Chris,
Why is she going to lease? MUCH MUCH more expensive in the long run. If it is a business leasing it then the tax benefits long term work in your favor. If not, BUY IT! Especially with rates so low, 0% from many manufacturers (American). Call me if you have any questions.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to take a quick look at Saabs. We just turned my wife's in a few months back, and she absolutely loved the car. They're in your price range, and usually have pretty good lease deals as well, at least around here. Another bonus is since they are owned by GM, they've had some 0% financing deals every now and then too.
Of course, there is always the possibility that she will hate the Saab. I don't think there is any "In between" with them, it's either a love it or hate it car.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Shane;
I agree with the buy vs. lease but it is her car. She likes the lease option because she can get a new car every 3 years or so and it is always under warrantee. Buying is better but if you keep swapping them out its a little harder to make the case. Your loosing either way.

Rainmn;
I agree there is no inbetween. I mentioned the Saab to her and she doesnt like the look. She also shot down Volvo which Im not a big fan of either. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The financing on the Jap cars is not as atractive as the American cars. They are also not willing to negotiate much off the MSRP. Acura seems to be the most agressive with the numbers out of all of them.

How about these Audi's anyone have any experience with them?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Nissan has the EXACT same cars for less money. Its called a Z car and they aren't selling too well.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
wilerty

Tantrum: I bought a 2000 A4 2.8 5 speed for my wife I'm very impressed with it. With a 1.8T it would be less than the G35 and for the 3.0 it would be more than a G35.

I wouldn't rule out the Acura TL(4dr) or CL(2dr) in a Type S. Lease whichever model her friend doesn't have.

How about a Volvo S60 2.5T or S60 T5?

If you lived a little farther north ... Subaru WRX or STI or a Mistubishi Evolution ...

Old 05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

audi a4 1.8t!!!! ive had 3 in 5 years and am ordering the new s4 this week!! no mony down 399 mo... or go with the audi tt coupe or roadster
Old 05-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

by the way ALLWAYS LEASE!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered

I get a new car every year or so so lease is out. Just bought a Caddy CTS. Edgy looks, (but I like it because it will be in style for a while). Rear wheel drive (although it uses FWD wheels?), gets great mileage on the road (regular too) and was out the door under 30K. Give it a try...
Old 05-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Tantrum, I know how she feels. I wanted a G35 Coupe a few months back. The dealer thought he was doing me a big favor by only charging me $6,000 over sticker. I sincerely hope they are stuck with an entire lot full of them. It's one thing to try and make a living, but to gouge the public is dispicable. I ended up with a 2003 Lexus GS 300. It was about $6,000 more than the G35 sedan and about the same price as the coupe with the extra additional dealer profit added it. I would also recommend leasing unless she is planning to keep it until the wheels fall off. I like a new car every 2 or 3 years so leasing makes sense for me. It seems that the break even point is about 28-32 months for most normal cars. Why not make smaller payments and not have to worry about negotiating a trade deal or trying to sell outright. $499/month is a good deal on the G35 sedan. The Lexus is a few hundred more than that.

Mike