because i said so???
Okay, just got back from the Keys last week with the family and our Baja 232 Islander. Had a great time, but I've (notice I didn't say we've) decided we need a bigger boat. As a compromise with my wife (go-fast vs family boat), I'm looking at the Formula 330 SS. I can't believe I'm actually considering it. This is dangerous territory for me. I need your help in identifying reasons why I should NOT do this. Your help is appreciated. Here is my list so far. You can be the judge of my success to this point:
TOP REASONS I SHOULD NOT BUY A FORMULA 330SS:
1. They are built in a town where it gets cold
2. They aren't expensive enough
3. They are a little "rough around the edges"
4. The 330 is not offered with triples
5. IMRON paint can be lethal if inhaled
6. All of the cushion clamps and wiring looms add too much weight
7. PLEXUS sounds like the name of a designer shampoo
8. I was looking for something in the 9500-lb range. The 330 weighs 9700 (doh!!)
9. Judging by the Formula forum, the current owners appear to be very unhappy and disloyal.
10. I might scratch it
11. I'm only 5'7"/140lbs, so I might have trouble pushing it off the trailer. Not to mention, I might not be able to see over the steering wheel.
12. Formulas (Formulae?) are ugly.
How am I doin' so far ???????
because i said so???
actually great boat. you'll have fun
Good start on your list-- not real convincing though...........since you are having trouble with this, maybe you should step up another notch to the 370SS, maybe with HP500 or 525 power?
Formulas are a great boat, and we would own another without hesitation. This was a very sad sight for me- our 242 leaving our drive for the last time...behind someone else's truck.
There are no reasons not to by a new Formula, only excuses.
LMAO! It IS kind of embarassing the way we fall all over each other with tales of joy, isn't it?Originally posted by Ric232
.....9. Judging by the Formula forum, the current owners appear to be very unhappy and disloyal....
One more reason not to buy: Scott Porter (President of the company) is also about 5'7"....
Retired! Boating full-time now.
Self delusional are we today.
13. The fit and finish is an industry standard.
14. Formula follow-up service and customer satisfaction is the benchmark against which all others are measured. (I have a 252)
15. The Porter family are way to friendly and hospitable and actually will take on a grand tour of their facilities and make you feel like you are part of their family.
16. You should really be looking at a 353 FasTech with 525's, the safety factor for the family in case of an emergency when speed and rough water capabilities are of paramount importance to ensure your families safe return to port.
17 The material they use is too good. Even after 17 years there is no reason to buy a new interior.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine