Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Pheasant hunting South Dakota ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/50964-ot-pheasant-hunting-south-dakota.html)

scarabrick 05-27-2003 10:56 AM

OT: Pheasant hunting South Dakota ??

A few friends and myself are looking to go pheasant hunting for three days in the Dakota's. Anybody have a good place to go? Only wanting to pay < 1000.00 dollars each. also, want to shoot more than 3-5 birds. Anybody have any insite? Pros or cons ?
Thanks,
Rick

FunHome 05-27-2003 11:02 AM

Pheasent City
I'll find his web site!!
Kevin is his name and the hunting is AWSOME!!

D_Casten 05-27-2003 11:02 AM

Could point you in a couple directions in Iowa. Also a couple nice Hunt Clubs, bird on a string if you know what I mean. E-mail or PM if you’d like some Iowa info.

scarabrick 05-27-2003 02:39 PM

D_ Casten you have a pm
Any place would be great as long as the hunting and lodging are good. don't care about location(state) just good time and hunting
Rick

scarabrick 05-28-2003 11:12 PM

ttt

anyone else a hunter?

birdog 05-29-2003 06:47 AM

Oh Yea...........And I have the dog to prove it !!:D

FunHome 05-29-2003 10:55 AM

Pheasent City Lodge

I haven't been in a couple of years but I still say it was the best hunting experence I have ever had!! And I have been hunting for my entire life!!

It's not like a bird on a string hunt like other's I've been to, soon as I have the time and money I'll be back!!

FunHome 05-29-2003 11:00 AM

Check this out!! I'm still on the Web Site!!
I'm on the left, standing

hunting pic.

scarabrick 05-29-2003 11:35 AM

thanks for the site info. I'll pass it on
Rick

Rambunctious 05-29-2003 09:34 PM

I have been hunting in SD for about 14 years. in Platte
We stay at my dad's cousin Harold's lodge. a private deal there but we know many in the town of Platte. just east of the missouri river.

Harold ownes tool and die here in michigan. the land in SD is a side investment for him( like 28,000 acres of it!!) for hunting, crops, and a cattle ranch. His lodge is unbelievable!!! sleeps 12, and the other building sleeps 16!!!! we are spoiled.....i have a pic of 11 of us with 33 birds on the ground by 2:30pm - time to hit the bar.......

anyway. I don't know of another fancy turn key lodge. but nice newer motel in town, three bars to hang out. and great prime rib at the old 1800's motel and bar. great breakfast at the cattle auction every morning. It's like going back in time. don't forget to raise a hand at the guy going the opposite way on the road.....

and you can hunt on private land for $100 per gun per day with Chad, and his dog, or bring your dogs. Chads family farms 20,000+ acres too. well known and respected family in the area. Chad is a riot too. he'll mosie to the bar with you.

pm me if this fits your interest.

some day I hope to answer this postl with: " yea stay at our lodge" as my son and my cousin's(hunting buddy) son are 5 now...... we hope to hunt in Platte till we're 80.