Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51067-make-your-boat-shine-say-goodbye-wax-long.html)

Zyzzyx2123 06-01-2003 03:04 PM

PTFE=Polytetrafluorothylene=Teflon

Ric232 06-01-2003 03:17 PM

Originally posted by Zyzzyx2123
PTFE=Polytetrafluorothylene=Teflon
Okay, but dont' forget the "e". It's polytetrafluoroEthylene.

RonS 06-01-2003 10:10 PM

Just got done emailing Diamond Jim about testing Crystal guard, also asked him to answer the questions about the product that I had in the previous post which were not answered.

Also in regards to making the beater toyota look good, thats pretty easy to do, you can pretty much take any car in a junkyard and do the same thing, to me that's nothing more than a marketing trick.

Again, not saying that Crystal Guard does'nt work as Tako and Diamond Jim say it will, just trying to see for everyone on this board if its worth the price.

RonS 06-01-2003 10:19 PM

Just saw the statement that TAKO made about CG making the Donzi go faster,

Tako could please explain exactly how you did this test and what size Donzi it was. Also what was the speed gain?

Sorry about more questions again, but speed is a kind of a big deal with us, and it usually does'nt come cheap or easy.

Mr. Demeanor 06-01-2003 10:51 PM

Originally posted by RonS
Just saw the statement that TAKO made about CG making the Donzi go faster,

Tako could please explain exactly how you did this test and what size Donzi it was. Also what was the speed gain?

Sorry about more questions again, but speed is a kind of a big deal with us, and it usually does'nt come cheap or easy.

The boat was lighter afterwards. Owner had less money in his pocket and had sweat away 5 pounds putting the stuff on. :p

Sorry, couldnt resist...and that usually gets me in trouble.

tako 06-02-2003 01:53 AM

I am flying to Bali tomorrow for World Peace Music Awards. My employee who owns that boat is there, too. I will ask him for a comment and I will post it here from there.... I have cars but I don't own any boats myself and I don't know anything myself.... Gimme some more days. Thanks.

tako 06-02-2003 03:26 AM

He just gave me comment online.... Here it is.

"Similar to products like KISSCOAT, and other products used to enhance top-speeds, Crystal Guard bonds to the gel-coat making it seemingly glide through the water with less resistance. I have personally logged over 1500 hours per year on the water in the San Francisco Bay, and can tell you that once Crystal Guard was applied to the bottom of the 38f Donzi Daytona that I was driving, the top speed at 5600 rpms, increased by 3 mph of the GPS!! And the difference in handling and the way that the hull cut through the water was noticeably different. I was, and continue to be very impressed, and it didnft cost me as much as other products to apply."

I will not be able to catch him any more for coming 72 hours or so... so I can not answer further questions that quickly.... Thanks.

Zyzzyx2123 06-02-2003 05:11 AM

WHOOOSH!!!!!......... the sound of credibility going down the toilet......

BillR 06-02-2003 07:11 AM

If you a skeptic, don't try it.

But those of you that want the shiniest paint and gel; give it a whirl and please report back. I am sure you will have some VERY positive things to say.

Zyzzyx2123 06-02-2003 07:43 AM

Bill,
Take it easy will ya! Just poking fun. Do you have stock in the company or something? You know as well as I do that every product out there that has boasted the claims of "Go Faster" is bull puckey. Tako was doing a pretty good job convincing a lot of us right up to the point he stated it would make you "Go Faster". I also agree with RonS. I think the Toyota trick was good but it was just that...a trick. I'm not saying the stuff doesn't work. I am just saying that it isn't:

1.) A new molecule
2.) A new 21st century product guaranteed to leave your neighbors in awe
3.) A product that will so radically improve the appearance of your boat that everyone else will just stay at the dock rather than be embarrassed to be seen with you.
4.) Make you a magnet for babes in thongs.

The Toyota trick was a trick based in contrast. You could take the cheapest wax on the planet and shine that wreck and make it look a million times better.

As I said it isn't that I think it doesn't work at all. I am sure it does. It just isn't any different than any of the other products out there that are for sale for a lot less like MaGuires. If I am wrong it will come out eventually and I will eat my words, aplogize to you and go buy it for myself. In this day and age it pays to be skeptical.