If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Originally posted by tako
    He just gave me comment online.... Here it is.

"Similar to products like KISSCOAT, and other products used to enhance top-speeds, Crystal Guard bonds to the gel-coat making it seemingly glide through the water with less resistance. I have personally logged over 1500 hours per year on the water in the San Francisco Bay, and can tell you that once Crystal Guard was applied to the bottom of the 38Āf Donzi Daytona that I was driving, the top speed at 5600 rpms, increased by 3 mph of the GPS!! And the difference in handling and the way that the hull cut through the water was noticeably different. I was, and continue to be very impressed, and it didnĀft cost me as much as other products to apply."

I will not be able to catch him any more for coming 72 hours or so... so I can not answer further questions that quickly.... Thanks.
    There is someone who puts more hours on it in a year than me!!

As for faster, speed will increase along with RPM. Smoothe bottom will be 1-2mph GPS slower than a slightly rough bottom. Reason behind this is, what is less restrictive, water or air? With the slightly rough bottom, very very small pores get filled with air which does lift the boat a bit.

Not saying I dont think this stuff works, but as of now I am still a skeptic.

My Boats:
    oxford, n.c.
    Put Crystal guard quick on the side of 97 fooutain (white with red and blue graphics) never been waxed. Could not see any change in shine whatsoever. Followed instruction fully.

My Boats:
    Who the f&*# "LOGS" boating hours anyway? I can hear that drag racing announcer echoing "come and get it, get it, get it sunday, sunday sunday. Way to build credability there capitan. I'll try anything, I love my boat to shine, but hate to shine it.

My Boats:
    Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
    Sounds to me like there are too many skeptics here... I'm not trying to be critical but all BillR was trying to point out is that he found a product that he now believes in and wanted to share it with his fellow OSO'ers. The questions are good but the jabs are unneccesary. It's seems simple to me (and I have not used this stuff), that you can try it and if you don't like it use this forum to post your feedback. Until you try it you shouldn't knock it and if you don't want to waist your money then stick with the ole' waxing routine every 2-3 months. I don't think BillR will care...

my $.02

My Boats:
    It's how well you go fast
    We will be testing this product and others like it next week at Lake-X....stay tuned for the results!

My Boats:
    Virginia Beach
    I looked closely at Bill's boat yesterday on the rack after good day of boating.....finally some sunshine. I had almost forgotten what it was like. Anyway, the shine is still incredible. My MacGuires shine does not compare. I am almost sold. If it stays looking that good in another month or two you can bet I will be switching over to CG.

Charter Member Charter Member skygod's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 29 Baja Outlaw
    If your deck has some oxidation (thanks to my dealer) does this stuff bring the shine back or do I need to wet sand first and then seal it with the product? This goes for either CG or BioKleen.
    Baja History
    2000 29 Outlaw 2x454 mags (sold)
    2000 25 Outlaw 502 (moved up to 29 OL)
    1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
    Tow Rig
    04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
    MY PICS:

I got it and tried it. Put it up against the Biokleen I have been using. Not a shred of difference between the them. It's a lot of money for no difference.

I will try the MaGuires and starbright
    Last edited by Zyzzyx2123; 06-16-2003 at 05:05 AM.

OSO Moderator Charter Member BillR's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    Virginia Beach, VA
    People on the other boating forum; F a s t boats. i n f o are reporting good results.

I would think to get the results I got, you need to have a decent finish to start with.

My boat is still VERY shiny and the forward bottom part of the hull that I Crystal Guarded has not gotten a scum line despite some really lousy water the boat has been in lately.

For those that saw no difference the day of applying CG; go look at it again AFTER it has been on more than 12 hours. If you still have poor results, I will be suprised.

Sounds like this Biokleen is really good too. How long does it last? If it will shine as good as CG, I may have to try it too.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    '02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
    '02 PQ 340
    '00 PQ 280
    '98 Scarab 22
    '97 Baja Outlaw 20
    '72 Checkmate
    '65 Glastron

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Originally posted by kyle55
    Who the f&*# "LOGS" boating hours anyway?....
    Anyone who intends to do a proper job of maintaining their boat.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast