Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51067-make-your-boat-shine-say-goodbye-wax-long.html)

wonderwick 05-29-2003 09:56 AM

Count me in too. Iwant to try some of this stuff on my new baja. Let me know how, who, how much when you get the info.

bn 05-29-2003 10:33 AM

I'm interested in the group buy, if I find something to put it on. :D

BillR 05-29-2003 10:50 AM

Originally posted by rv
BillR,
Did you ever use Zanio on the boat? I am curious how the durability of Zanio compares to this new stuff you tried?

Also, regarding applying over fresh wax, I would be surpised if the manufacture recommends that. Usually they want the surface free of any products. This allows their product to grip the surface better. Kind a like painting, paint doesn't stick too good to wax. Same concept with a polymer.

Rick

I never Zainoed the boat. WAY too much work!!!

As far as over fresh wax, Yes I did it, but I don't think the MFG recommends it.

As far as a group buy, don't hold your breath waiting. I NEVER saw one on any of the other boards, and I don't think they will offer one here. However, call Chris @
CustomExotica
2400 Wyandotte St. #C Mountain View, CA 94043
650-988-1004
and see if he'll do a group buy. If he does, I need some more too!

I used two of the 2.75oz bottles. I would think one big 6oz bottle would do my boat top to bottom with some left over.

If there was a group buy on the pro kit, I would be interested.

Macklin 05-29-2003 11:16 AM

Originally posted by BillR
I used two of the 2.75oz bottles. I would think one big 6oz bottle would do my boat top to bottom with some left over.
What's that....about $45 with shipping for one wax job! :eek: I think I will wait to see how long it lasts.

formula31 05-29-2003 11:49 AM

Yea, if they need a guinea pig, lets see how it holds up on 1988 red gel coat that stays in the sun all summer. I get about 2 weeks on Flagship.

Diamond Jim 05-29-2003 12:51 PM

Hey,

If you guys are interested in a group buy-in, have someone chat with me. I handle the sales and marketing for Tako at CrystalGuard. Have someone contact me and I'll explain the product and handle a group discount...if you're interested.

(650) 969-9946

Jim

RUNNIN A FEVER 05-29-2003 02:41 PM

I'm in on the group buy, just let me know.

Rick252 05-29-2003 03:56 PM

Count another one here

joe900sc 05-29-2003 04:06 PM

I'm too. Will someone get in touch with us. Interested in the pro kit.

Diamond Jim 05-29-2003 04:43 PM

Jim from Crystal Guard again....

I'm talking with my business manager to arrange a online voucher for your group here on offshoreonly.com. Be patient, but I'll try to have a code available in the next few days for everyone. It will be a 10% of voucher...

I hope that makes everyone happy....

Cheers,

Jim Campos
Director Sales & Marketing