Notices

Mississippi River

Old 06-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Preferredstock

You wouldn't happen to know the phone number to Great River Harbor?

Bill

Old 06-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(608) 248-2454

Look forward to meeting you. Leave me your email and I'll send you all the info for the Poker Run in August.

Brian
Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, ahhh, we might just be up that way over the 4th . Just not sure of the plans or location just yet. Almost certain we will be on the Mississippi river . I will touch base with you.

Not sure I have your current e-mail address. Can you either send it or post it.

Brian, where are these Alma marina's? Upstream or Downstream of the lock? By the power plant?. Do you have any MM so that I can look it up on my map.

I don't remember seeing these marinas but they sound like a nice place. Is it possible to boat into the marina and maybe pitch a tent on land? The campfire and some cold brews sound inviting
Old 06-02-2003, 04:13 PM
Registered

Brian, where are these Alma marina's? Upstream or Downstream of the lock? By the power plant?. Do you have any MM so that I can look it up on my map.
Northport is only a mile above the lock right on the right(WI) side(MM754).

don't remember seeing these marinas but they sound like a nice place. Is it possible to boat into the marina and maybe pitch a tent on land? The campfire and some cold brews sound inviting
Thats the way we like it. Great River Harbor is in the back water about 4 miles south of the lock. There are small red and green bouys leading into the back water(MM 748). It's very secluded and many people have no idea that its back there. It's very peaceful being sheltered back there. Yep there is tent pitching room, cabins and trailers to rent.

Brian
Old 06-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Preferredstock

Jeff & Caincando1 email is [email protected]
Boat name is Preferred Stock.
I'll have to check the charts on the location of the Great River Harbor. Are there cans marking the channel all the way back,
or am I going to be looking for new trs drives??

Old 06-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Registered

Hey Bill
Yes there are red and green markers leading the way back to the Great River Harbor. It is pretty easy to get back there. if you would feel more comfortable I am sure we could get a boat wet to come out to the channel and lead you in.
Mark
Old 06-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

I called the Great River Harbor and they are sending me some information. From what I have heard, it sounds nice.

Boats not big enough for the whole family to stay overnight but I could use this place as my launching site and bring the tent etc with me.

Cold beer around a campfire, what more do you need
Old 06-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Strippers!

They're not too far away!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Cain, let me know if you plan on having a party over the 4th of July with some of the other OSO'ers. We would like to join you guys! By the way, is anyone from your area heading to Dubuque for the poker run this weekend?
Old 06-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Originally posted by Thirsty Turtle
They're not too far away!
Is that place still around in Fountain City? Not to many years ago we (about 20 of us) stayed at the Merrick State Park for a weekend of duck hunting and somehow we ended up in Fountain City to see some girlies

Then there is also Desoto

Quick Reply: Mississippi River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.