Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do people look at you funny when... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51275-do-people-look-you-funny-when.html)

HyperBaja 05-31-2003 02:34 PM

Do people look at you funny when...

there draging along at 15, making a HUGE wake, and you come from behind them at 4500RPM, "trimmed to the moon" and bring the whole thing out of the water to where RPM's run up to 5000. Did it last night and went back to do it again and the guy stopped until we were out of site :mad:

Then found a nice cruiser doing the same, jumped them the whole way down the lake until some jackass jet skiier kept cutting in front of me. Maybe it is good they can run 10mph faster than me, otherwise she would be fish food :D ;) :D

cuda 05-31-2003 02:52 PM

You'll break yourself of that habit once you either puke an engine or break something on the boat. That is how jet skiers drive. I had one in front of me today driving through and through the wake of a boat in front of me, never even bothering to look behind him where I was wanting to go around, but I knew this jack azz didn't even know I was there.

If your looking for someplace to catch air, go out in the big water, in a congested area is no place to be doing it. Be careful!

FFO 05-31-2003 03:06 PM

Its people like you and jetskiers that are ruining it for us all. Making the Coast Guard and DNR look hard and long at the Performance Boaters. The Insurance companies also increase our rates. If you want to jump the waves, do what Cuda suggested, go to big water.

HyperBaja 05-31-2003 03:15 PM

There was 5 boats on the whole lake and 3 jet skiiers, and I was well behind the 100 foot back law.

GO4BROKE 05-31-2003 06:16 PM

Don't take it wrong Hyper, but don't jump wakes if the boat that made them is within sight. Its annoying and dangerous. And it will break your boat.

HyperBaja 05-31-2003 06:40 PM

Guess I will have to wait for a storm to start to blow in. I guess I was anoying as a jetski :(

GO4BROKE 05-31-2003 06:43 PM

No way Tommy, the only thing as anoying as a jet ski are fishermen casting around my dock and boat.

Allan4 06-01-2003 10:40 PM

Geeez, take it easy on the kid..........

Just be aware at ALL times of your surroundings, including who has an eye out for you and where EVERYONE is within several 100 yards. Probably not a good idea to go back and forth jumping the wake over and over. Just hit it once and keep on going....maybe on a non crowded day you can turn around for another shot at it. We all have done this same sort of thing, just be safe and do not exceed your capabilities....

Have fun...;)

FFO 06-02-2003 05:55 AM

My point was that if we take it easy on the KID's . They will all be doing it . So lets all have fun and be safe!