Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OPA Brick Race Results? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51324-opa-brick-race-results.html)

McGary911 06-02-2003 11:35 AM

Aha, i didnt read the press on fri\sat.....i get it delivered and by time i woke up the rain had saturated the thing into one big blob of grey newsprint. I'm sure the jenks race will be promoted quite a bit, frank and anthony have the $$ for some ads....

Ron P 06-02-2003 11:42 AM

How many people were there to watch the race? You know no one else was at the beach for any other reason other than to watch the Boyz.

BRUCE SEROFF 06-02-2003 11:52 AM

Originally posted by McGary911
simply awesome broke, augie in delicate sound of t did a nice fly by, after they called the race, so did wazzup....it was a very fine time...........
Correction....we broke after we finished:D
Lost our steering...plus!!!! we did an extra lap to make sure.

thanks to everyone

McGary911 06-02-2003 12:43 PM

Bruce, I was wondering how you guys won after losing the steering....I heard all the chatter on my handheld when the towboat was getting over to you guys! Looks like Typhoon was the only one that broke DURING the race. Congrats on the win......

Ron, the one good thing about the crappy weather, is that you were sure everyone that did show was there for the race. Tough to tell on a nice day who came for the race and who came for the beach in general. I'm glad the OPA is able to bring so much racing to jersey.

DARREN US1 06-02-2003 12:58 PM

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Correction....we broke after we finished:D
Lost our steering...plus!!!! we did an extra lap to make sure.

thanks to everyone

So, you did win Bruce?

BRUCE SEROFF 06-02-2003 01:21 PM

Yes ...we did

DARREN US1 06-02-2003 02:18 PM

I'M NOT ONE WHO TAKES SIDES

oh what the heck Yeah Simply Awesome!

AugiePensa 06-02-2003 02:52 PM

Ryan, Robert.......I don't give a damn what you call the WILD CARD boat.....I will tell you they are Fu$%&ng NUTS. We had a GREAT race going with Willie and Larry of Wild Card along with John Cohen and his son of Superboat and Mad Dog and Hollywood of Typhoon..........Typhoon broke,we took the lead on turn 3 of the last lap after the Kill switches came OFF on the third lap we caught up to them on the last lap and the damn things came off again....all part of racing!!!!!!I have a very deep RESPECT for all the racers from yesterday's race but more so for Wild Card and Superboat.....Bert and I were 12 feet out of the water at the nose and as I passed each one of them when we jumped out and they were right along side us up as high as we were. GREAT RACING GUY"S!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards to all...Augie"Godfather" Pensa

BRUCE SEROFF 06-02-2003 02:56 PM

Re: I'M NOT ONE WHO TAKES SIDES

Originally posted by DARRENUS1
oh what the heck Yeah Simply Awesome!
Thanks Darren...its nice to have a fan thats been around the sport as long as you have..

DARREN US1 06-02-2003 03:01 PM

Congrates to Augie too