Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11 >

Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

Notices

Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

Old 06-04-2003, 01:03 AM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jesse James anytime you are here in SoCal I'll party with you. We always have somthing happening here. Like Nort said before, these 3 days just went by so fast. It was good to meet you and I look forward to the next
Old 06-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always great meeting everyone. Jesse, Mr. G, all of the beautiful women that you all brought. Only wish mine could have attended.

Shane, sorry I didn't bump into you. Maybe next time. I am almost in the mold with a new Magic that'll run with the big boys so next year, I'm in! I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again Nort for the seat, and for the drive time. What a rush to drive such an incredible boat! Even if it was the only boat there with a bimini.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:15 PM
DEVIL MAN

The only boat there with a bimini!!!!!!!! You mean the only boat owner there that is a poodle!!!! I would rather have dead batteries than a bimini!!! I would rather have a hammer for the starter than a bimini!!!! I would rather have duct tape in hand than a bimini!!!!! The Phantom is the New King of all Poodles!!!!

DMan...and the D is for an abundance of Duct tape!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

I don't know but I think the true king poodle has no boat.

I am a bimini fan myself due to the Havasu heat, however, I have to agree, you don't pull the bimini out on a day when 154 out of 155 boats don't have them.

On another note, some facts please, what is the smallest boat registered to SCOPE? Is there a prize for smallest poodle? How about biggest? Farthest from poodle there.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:08 PM
DEVIL MAN

CJ...We will have to get all the real scoop from Wayne Lee. He goes into hybernation for a few days after the poker run. We will post all the raw data by next week. Bimini's are on the approved list for Havasu but not for Long Beach!!!!! Just a great excuse to give the Phantom a hard time. Take care Chris.

DMan

Old 06-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

No need for excuses. Nort's Nort.

And as far as smallest registered, I don't mean for the run, I mean in the club. I have a (soon to be gone) 23 Commander. There has to be a boat smaller than mine. I'm just making sure no one can call me queen poodle or something.

__ 0L
0-0
^ ^
Supposed to be a poodle. Damnit couldn't get the spacing right.

Interesting enough, I'm getting a 29' Wizard and still hear guys with 29's saying they are the little guys. They are, but I'll still be proud to be able to run with you guys in my own boat and not always have to beg for a ride
Old 06-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered

CJ, I'm one of the guys in the club with a little 29.... Most of the time I don't have too much trouble with the water, but there have been some days when the 29 was getting bounced around big time... There are quite a few guys with 27-29' boats in the club who make Catalina runs on a regular basis...When you get your Magic you should definitely get out there for some lunch runs.

Bada Bing, the SCOPE president, has a 29 Scarab, although you'd never know it because he doesn't use his boat much ....
Old 06-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

I know bada bing. And I know my 29'll do for for some good ocean running. I've been told by many my 23 would have done (at least on a few days of the year).

The stats are more for fun. I've been a member of SCOPE for a few years for no special reason. I would just wondering if I had the smallest boat (the 23)

My 29 should give some of the bigger guys a run for their money. The Whippled 502 should get it to 80 I hear.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Registered

There have definitely been days out there where you could take a 23 out...C2 did the SCOPE poker run last year in his 21 Hallett, although I noticed he didn't enter again this year....

How long until you get the new boat?
Old 06-04-2003, 06:21 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Should be in the mold Monday/Tuesday. Give it 8-9 weeks to get wet (that could very well be 10-12 weeks in boat language) I'm not quite sure how well Magic is doing with their schedule. I'll know more this weekend. Meeting with them at the Pomona Boat Show.

As everyone knows no date is too soon. I want it NOW!