Notices

My new purchase......

Old 06-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell.......Yeah! I heard someone was trying to get Jeff to sell. I guess it worked! Beautiful beautiful boat, but of course, it's a Cigarette. What would you expect?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Little Guy!

Too bad it won't be running in the type of water that is was made for anymore...........OFFSHORE!!!

That Cig will be just as bored on LOTO as the rest of the Cig's on that lake, but it should last longer now since the boating season is only 3 months long.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Congrats Little Guy!

Too bad it won't be running in the type of water that is was made for anymore...........OFFSHORE!!!

That Cig will be just as bored on LOTO as the rest of the Cig's on that lake, but it should last longer now since the boating season is only 3 months long.
LOL. Sounds like you got all your usual jabs taken care of in one nice, neat post. Nice work!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 02:38 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Chad is certainly persistent! Needless to say that I would have been hard pressed to find someone better to take care of SpeedRacer in its next life (as a lake boat)!

As is the case with any new boat - taking it easy for a few weeks is a good idea. This boat - despite some of the rumors - is the best balanced boat I have ever owned or driven. It flies as level as any boat could. It may not like the wakes of other boats or making sharp turns at 80mph (ala Stinson) but it sure likes to run!

Unless Chad has some serious cajones - it is unlikely that he will ever peg the throttles. It ran 89-90 mph with stock HP500's (salt water). With the 740 hp blower motors I could only muster enough courage to see in the mid to high 90's with another 500 rpm to redline. That's what 7800 pounds and BIG steps gets you - ALOT of air under the hull!

Here is a pic taken on its last day in the water here in Southern Cal. I led the "short course" boats one way from Long Beach back down to Newport Beach - about 18 miles.

Have fun with "her" Chad. Treat her right and she'll never let you down!! Treat her like Stinson did and she'll kick you on your ass! Ha ha!
Attached Thumbnails My new purchase......-chengcig.jpg  
Old 06-03-2003, 03:40 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jeffrey

Unless Chad has some serious cajones - it is unlikely that he will ever peg the throttles. It ran 89-90 mph with stock HP500's (salt water). With the 740 hp blower motors I could only muster enough courage to see in the mid to high 90's with another 500 rpm to redline. That's what 7800 pounds and BIG steps gets you - ALOT of air under the hull!
JEFFREY,
I CAN ASSURE YOU, IF HE DOESN'T... I DO!
DON'T WORRY I'LL MAKE SURE SPEED-RACER REPRESENTS AT LOTO. IT'S LIKE FRICKIN' CHRISTMAS AROUND HERE, I'M EXCITED AND IT'S NOT EVEN MY BOAT!!!!!!!!!
REGARDS
Old 06-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Registered

Nice Cig I know it well. Best cb
Old 06-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Registered

Chad - congrats man!

Good Luck

Rob
Old 06-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

congradulation Chad thats a awsome package. power, rough water ride, and wide spread recognition. will look forward to seeing it at the lake
Later
Old 06-03-2003, 06:24 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by Too Old
Just one question left to be answered. What's next for Jeffery??????????
That is the million dollar question Fred. I must have been asked that a few hundred times this past weekend. The answer? I honestly don't know.

The boat is still physically here in my rack at the dry storage facility next to DMAN's Top Gun. We are down there almost every weekend whether we are boating or not. The reality of it being gone will not likely set it until I see the empty rack and realize that it is actually gone for good. Until then I am sort of crusing along and haven't given it much thought. Nothing jumps out at me at the moment.

All of you guys will undoubtedly know soon enough when I finally make a decision.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Steve_H

Just one question left to be answered. What's next for Jeffery??????????

hmm , ok wheres the poll so we can all vote
apache?

Quick Reply: My new purchase......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.