Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11 >

Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

Notices

Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

Old 06-02-2003, 07:05 PM
DEVIL MAN

Default Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

The boys and girls of SCOPE just completed their 11th Annual Poker Run this past weekend and it was a riot. Held in Long Beach, California, there were 156 registered boats...some of the finest hardware you have ever seen!!! It was a three day event starting with the annual kickoff party at Tequila Jacks...it was a wild evening to say the least. Saturday morning was the charity rides for the charity, the Juvenille Diabetes Foundation. Entrants gave charity rides to the children and families associated with this desease. The In-N-Out Burger Truck cooked up some double-double hamburgers for lunch and the afternoon was filled with paddle boat races and many of the registrants headed to Newport Beach and Catalina for a relaxing lunch.

Saturday night was another wild night with a rocking DJ and some classic music, the kids were entertained with Hot Wheel Racing and there were black jack tables around the compound for the hot gamblers in the crowd. Following the compound party, many of the guests headed bacj ti the main bar at the Hyatt Regency.

Bob Teague, the event title sponsor lead the fleet out of the breakwater and dropped the flag as the boats came to plane and zoomed towards Avalon. Helicopters chased the fleet as still and video pictures were taken. Over $27,000 in cash prizes were given out at the awards ceremony Sunday afternoon. Everyone walked away looking forward to next year's run. There were countless OSO members in attendance including the two board gods!!!!

There were also a few World Champion Offshore Champions in attendance as well as some of the leading marine manufacturers in the world...names such as Randy Scism, Larry Smith and Bob Leach. Championship drivers included Bob Teague, Matt Alcone, Gerry Gilbreth, Craig Ferguson, Rique Ford, Rick Bowling and probably many more that I forgot to mention.

Famous names in the business were also in attendance....Bob Teague had a great display of parts and equipment, Fred Inman from Imco, Paul Pfaff from Paul Pfaff Racing Engines, Bill Faunteroy had the big Lifeline rig at dockside. Once again, mother nature cooperated and we had three great days of weather.

Just another major league blowout by the team from SCOPE. Just an incredible venue. The world famous Jesse James was in attendance with his digital camera in hand...along with the legendary Phantom Kaos!!!!! No escaping the camera at this event!!!!

DMan

Old 06-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look very closely at that picture from Thurs. You can still see the ripples from when I went in. Thank you again to all of those that put on the even. I look forward to next year already. This was the first year I put up money as a sponser and considering the amount of people that commented, it will not be the last. Everytime I looked at Jeff and Steve there were camera's and interviews so I am sure this site will have a few new members from the event. From what I saw, nobody was left on the dock. Anyone who's boat had an issue had no problem getting a ride with another SCOPE member. This is what the Club and the Event are all about. Again to the board..Thank You!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

IDRPSTF,

Thanks for the help around the docks....You left your water wings on EE dock, would you like us to mail them to you??
Old 06-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

You guys put on one hell of a party and poker run. Thanks for all your hard work, see ya next year

Where can we get the helicopter piks?
Old 06-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

Heli pics will be available in about 1 week and will be mailed to you with pics and negs!
Old 06-03-2003, 04:53 PM
DEVIL MAN

There will also be a video completed sometime in the fall. We had two video camera's in each helicopter. Should make for a great show!!!! It was a classic!!!

DMan

Old 06-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did anyone see this boat
Attached Thumbnails Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11-teamdarkside1.jpg  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I would like the water wings sent. Otherwise they will be bronzed and handed to me at some other SCOPE event. And for the record. I ment to go in!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:17 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

This was truly a weekend too remember. It was my first poker run and will not be my last. Ocean boating does not even compare to lake boating. Jeffrey took Jen and I on a ride if a lifetime. Passing a container ship at tripple digits, airborne, in the LBC, hmmm what else can you say.... (thanks Jeffrey)
This weekend is going to cost me alot of money in the future I can feel it. Thanks again Jeffrey and Nort.

Quick Reply: Scope Rocks the Dock with Poker Run #11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.