Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run Spectators Get Together. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51615-nyc-poker-run-spectators-get-together.html)

Hot Boat 06-04-2003 06:29 PM

NYC Poker Run Spectators Get Together.

I don't Know if anyone has posted on organizing a get together the morning of the run. I haven't been on the board much lately.

I was wondering how many people want to meet up and run together to just a few miles south of the tapanzee bridge and watch the run.

we did this last year but we lost a few people on the way. A few of them went into the city and caught up with us later.

What I was thinking is meet up at the Bear Mt Bridge at 10:00 and head south from there. We would drop anchor just south of the bridge. Once this short poker run is over in about a 1-1/2 hours I was thinking of heading back up to newburg and get a bite to eat and look in the air for any cool plains flying over from the near by air show at Stewart Air Force Base. The Blue Angles are going to be there. I"ll bet that they will use the river and the bridge as a visual flight reference to the airport. so more than likely there will be some cool plane over the river.

There is plenty of docking in the newburg area. along with nice veriety of fine dining ,clubs & bars.

if any one else has some ideas that they would like to add please do so.

so who's going????????

FBRONCO 06-04-2003 07:36 PM

When is the Poker Run?

tripps 06-04-2003 07:40 PM

Saturday,june 13,too soon thanks to all the rain:( :( :( my boats not ready yet :eek: :eek: :eek: Tripps

Shane 06-04-2003 07:42 PM

I WISH I could make it this year. Stupid F*&^ING wedding this year.:mad: Have fun and be safe all!:)

26sonic 06-04-2003 08:48 PM

26 sonic and sonic 99 will be there and i'm sure "vertical limits " will be there !

Hot Boat 06-04-2003 08:57 PM

Excavator and his son mini me will be there in his 38 formula and Johny venomous and i will be running together.

What about Chris232 ????
Dave. with the checkmate
DominatingS/28 ????
Kendall
Danny

just to name a few

Tantrum will be at the Jersey shore with family that weekend.

toolman 06-04-2003 10:23 PM

i'll be there!!

As long as the weather is nice:rolleyes: We will be coming out of liberty state park heading north to the Tappen Zee. Do you guys anchor on the west side of the channel? Are you north or south of the bridge?

Look for my Formula 303 with palm beach "Z" graphics, boat name TENACIOUS on the stern. Raft up and we'll watch the boats fly by. Should we use the VHF radio for contact on channel 78a?

Excavator: I want to see your 38 Formula!!! Sounds nice!

Dave (toolman) :)

otis311 06-05-2003 05:26 AM

If you are all going to be with Paul might I suggest bringing

TOW RO[PES hahahahahahahahahah

Have fun guys

Pure Energy 06-05-2003 06:06 AM

I'll be there!!

Tantrum 06-05-2003 07:09 AM

Otis; ooooofffff. Lets hope all the tow lines are behind us this season.

Sorry Im going to miss it this year. I was looking forward to seeing how many boats we could hang of my little fold up aluminum anchor.
Enjoy and be safe.