Notices

Need help with boat title

Old 06-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with boat title

LAst october I traded boats with a guy. I live in Texas and he is in NOrth Carolina. The boat he traded to me was titled in Fl. I gave him a clear title, but the one he gave me was still in the previous owners name and signed by him. I had never had a problem with this with cars, therefore I thought nothing of it. After a couple months he agreed to help me change the title. I sent him the title and now have been waiting since. He has changed my old boat into his name, but not changed mine to his. I need to figure out what I can do about this. Any help would be appreciated. I have his name, phone numbers and home address. He is no longer answering the phone.

steve
Old 06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Registered

There are people you can hire!!! Sounds your stuck in a bad place... At this time he owns two boats... Do you have any other documents that he signed showing sales transaction on boat? If you don't, he could legally come trailer that boat away with the help of the police. Cashed checks?(I'm not sure if it was an even trade or trade and monies) Anything that would tie him to receipt of money or trade for the boat? Without that he can just say it was stolen..... title is ownership!!! If you have any ground to stand on, something to back up the transaction as a ligitimate transaction, then go see a lawyer to process it through the courts. Or there are people you can hire...... There is nothing worse than dishonest people, specially when the law protects them!!!! Good luck!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

I have a reciept signed by both of us for the transaction. It was a straight trade because I was tired of my project. Now I have a running boat I can't do anything with. The worst part is I met the guy here on OSO.