Notices

OT; Tirerack.com

Old 06-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up OT; Tirerack.com

Just got back from a little trip down to Indiana to get some tires for the truck from the Tirerack. I had noticed their name on a few threads this year and thought I'd give them a try.

From my first phone conversation with one of the sales staff, to the receptionist, to the installers, I have not run across a more courtious or professional group of people (approx 200 employees in South Bend). Their facility is enormous (500,000 sf). It is spotless, from the showroom to the warehouse, to the installation bays. I don't think I can recall the last time I saw installers refer to a chart and actually torque lug nuts. All this and they had the best prices I could find anywhere!

I would highly recomend them if your in the need for wheels or tires www.tirerack.com
Old 06-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ditto that. Ive bought tires from them for years and never been disappointed.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:48 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunnoo the;ve nbeen jerkign me around for weeks. Sent me the wrong damn replacement wheel. They sent me a rear insetad of a front (the ofset is 1.5" off) i only noticiced becasue it screwed up my steering geomerty and destroyed the opposing tire.
I called and they can'ty get me a proper front so i have to order 4 brand spankin new rims.

Tehj really anooyign part is when they "shipped" the tire last time they said it woudl be tehr eon a friday (so i coudl make an autcross that weekend) and it didn;t arrive until the following thursday. And i paid for overnight shipping to get the damn thing!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Never had anything shipped to me by them, Its only an hour and a half drive for me,,, all my tires have come from them for the last 7 years and the have taken very good care of me,,, even taken tires back that I didnt like.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered

After blowing three Carlisles on my trailer this weekend I ordered a set of Marathons from them on Monday at noon, by 10 am on Wednesday morning they were at my doorstep. OUTSTANDING SERVICE and will use them again and again
Old 06-05-2003, 11:37 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

damn, so why am i getting the shaft!!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Registered

I've meant to use them several times in the past few years, but i talk to the shop that does my rims, and they just say that theyll beat tirerack by $5 per tire (i have to mention tire rack), and they get my business. So ive only used them as leverege, but i guess thats good too..........probably saved me $1000 by now.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto here

Needed new tires for my trailer and they shipped within two days to my door. Very easy to deal with.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Just wish they would carry truck tires. What's up with that?
Old 06-06-2003, 07:05 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Puder - Sorry to hear that you seem to be "odd man out" in terms of your experience with Tire Rack. Seems just your luck, doesn't it?

We use Tire Rack to supply all the street car tires that we use at our racing schools. Even the local Goodyear race tire distributor admitted that they could not match Tire Rack's prices, adn with warehouses around the country, we can have the drop-shipped in on a just-in-time basis. Saved us a TON of money. On top of that, they are very professional - responsive, courteous, and dependable.

Just like your local marina's service department, right? (Don't I wish...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.