Notices

Hardy Dam Boaters!!

Old 06-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardy Dam Boaters!!

Hello,
A group of us from NW Indiana are planning a day or two trip to Hardy Dam on the weekend of June 21. The Hardy Party was awesome and the lake is nice as well so we have decided to make a trip up there and just do some boating. Is there a decent hot boat crowd up there on regular summer weekends? During the Party it seemed the lake cops left everyone alone and the Michigan noise laws weren't enforced. One guy in our group has a blown 468 in a 24' Checkmate with dry CMI exhaust and we are just curious as what to expect. Also where is the best place to stay / camp if the weather is good and we decide to stay for Sunday? Thanks for your replies and if you are a Hardy Dam boater maybe we can hook up for a mini Hardy Party!!
Thanks,
Craig
Old 06-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Craig,
Brower park is a good place to camp. Also Sandy Beach is not bad from what I understand. Brower is a Mecosta county and I believe Sandy beach is a Newaygo County park. They both can be found on the WEB.
As far as the noise laws, I have not seen anyone pulled over due to this at Hardy but, there is always that possibility. Also there is a new store up river from Brower that is pretty well supplied. Now just outside of Brower is a new meat market(beef,chicken, etc.).
I may be up on that weekend, it will depend on the weather. Dwight
Old 06-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

there should be a park there..right???
Old 06-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Brower park is probably the most convenient place to stay. Good ramp there.

I might be up for the short drive up there that weekend.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Registered

Brower Park is the park that most people utilize to launch. I am pretty sure that is where Craig launched from last summer for the Hardy party.
Mike, it would be great to hook up again.. By the way I still have your towel from last year.. Dwight
Old 06-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Oh yeah, my American Flag towel!!! Forgot about it.

Did you wash it?? LOL!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Yes it was washed with the spring boat towel washing..
Old 06-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. Is there a decent Hot Boat crowd on "normal" weekends? Does the lake usually get packed on the weekends? Where would the closest Hotels be from Hardy? Hopefully the weather is good that weekend!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

My outboard buddy Tom (drag120 on OSO) just stopped by. He said that some of the guys over on Scream and Die (fly?) have seen this thread already and are planning on being there that weekend. Several boats running well in excess of 100 mph. Until it gets over 6" chop that is!!! LOL!! Then I'm faster at 64 mph!! YES!!!!!

So far I'm in!!!!

'Foul
Old 06-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered

Default River Rats?

I like river rats. I don't feel so crazy running my old Baja into the upper 90's when there are river racers running 110+. You guys are nuts!!! Speaking of 110+ I better start stocking up on the $3.00 gas for our trip up there. Last year at the Party I burned 50 gallons in no time and I was done.

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam Boaters!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.