Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what about skaterfest? pics?pics? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/51903-what-about-skaterfest-pics-pics.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-08-2003 11:28 PM

I am sorry you didn't make it Too Old! :(
Maybe next time...;)

BODYSHOT1 06-09-2003 10:49 AM

ttt

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-09-2003 07:02 PM

Marty,
Did you ever get a chance to stop by?:confused:

American Xtreme 06-10-2003 01:08 AM

Rougher Morning!!!

Originally posted by sharkeymarine
American Extreme Marine was out in full swing at Saturday Night's Party... Sorry I missed ya's, but you was a rockin' on stage with the band....:D :D :D
I looked for ya's on Sunday but only saw the boat. Never hit the water? Rough night? :confused: :D :D :D

Rough ain't no lie! I had more than my share of margueritas. Had my last drink around 11pm Sat, honest, was pretty buzzed and turned in around 1am. Went out for cigs at 6am....BIG mistake! I felt a little of the previous nites effects, but thought I was lucid. A cop noticed me get in the car and must've gone around the block cause I immediately noticied him following me a minute later, so I made sure to fully stop at a right on red. He pulled me over and said I made an improper turn. I don't but that, but long story short, I'm doing a field sobriety test that I thought I passed......a LONG one. Standing on one foot hands at sides counting to 30 saying "one 1 thousand, two 1 thousand," 9 paces heel to toe pivot and turn, hands at sides, alphabet,etc.
I wasn't staggering, slurring, using my arms for balance...I thought for sure I passed. But then after an xtra long session of follow the flashlight..... HE CUFFED ME. Off to the station where I blew a .13, 7 hours after my last drink. They impounded our car for a mandatory 12 hours! Said they couldn't release it to my wife. Didn't get it back till 7pm. We walked out of the police station, didn't want to wait there for a cab. Found a boat dealer working early in his shop, George Francis of Surf and Offshore...Really nice guy, he was very kind to us. Drove us to where the car was impounded where we were told we couldn't get our personal belongings. We had walked to a motel Sat. nite, to avoid driving drunk, so we didn't have clothes. Called the station and about 11am the arresting officer called back and said we could get our ****, but don't plan on boating today! What was that about? It had been 12 hours since my last drink. We were both tired from missing a few more hours sleep, and wanted to shower and change, so we just went and got a room to rest and so I could lick my wounds. To top it off, I had to make the almost two hour drive again this morning because the court appearance was for...THE NEXT DAY?!
George told us he's seen the cops pulling over guys going fishing early in the morning, because many of them too, had been drinking the nite before. Guess who's not going to Pt Pleasant Beach again anytime soon. Sorry we missed y'all, maybe next year.
Hey, if I thought I was still drunk I wouldn't have driven. But I never thought mt BAC would be that high.

A lesson for drinkers who rise early.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-10-2003 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear that American Xtreme.....:( :( :(
Did you tell them you walked to the hotel the night before to avoid this in the first place? I guess there was no sympathy there where they may have held you until the BAC became lower than the .10, and let you go on your way.....
That town is losing money big time with the way the weather has been, so this was found money to them, plus they were only doing their job...
5 hours wasn't apparently enough time to clear your system...
That may be the reason so many sleep in the next day.....;)

at100plus 06-10-2003 05:37 AM

Here's some

Here are some.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...threadid=35738

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-11-2003 05:23 AM

Mike, Thanks for the photos! Great shots.
It was great to meet you and have a chance to see your 21 Skater. Nothing little about that boat. You fit right in. Afterall, last year my 13 footer was there (another Scream and Fly Member). When did Chris have his boat in the slings? Change of props perhaps?
As T2x already explained, the weather had hurt us real bad, along with having "Smoke On The Water" the same weekend, I am sure kept some people from making the trip.
I really appreciate you, Chris, Heather and the other people that have traveled from other areas such as Texas, St. Louis, and Tennessee to make it to our event.
Keep an eye out this week, shirts will be available online at www.NJPPC.com . Unfortunately they were hung up at FedEx Ground where DaveP tried to get them Saturday morning after driving to two separate locations out by Trenton. To no avail, they were both closed. The printer ended up shipping them out late and they never arrived in time for our event.
This event is great for showing off boats. But the main focus is to bring SAFETY to the forefront. To help people better understand the characteristics of their hi-performance machines and what they can do to keep from getting into any trouble. I hope you walked away from this event with something. (Other than parts) Education is the real key to staying safe at speed.
If you did, than it was worth the trip.
Good luck with your 21, and stay safe...
I hope to see you down this area again, perhaps we can meet up for NJPPC's Poker Runs? They are a blast!