Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?" >

Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Notices

Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Old 06-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Becca,
I ask the same question on the old thread! With no response!
I was told once that weight was not used as a penalty,it was
only used as a tool for competitive equality! I don't clam to know
the answers or to what is going on here! to me it sounds like an
homologation issue between Skater and APBA. I personally know
Todd and Lance very well and consider them both to be extremely
competitive racers (there record speaks for them!) and men of great honor!! I also know that they are not happy with what is going on, on this board and on the street these guys just what to race and win! and leave the politics the the politicians!
Brian
Old 06-11-2003, 02:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know the meaning of the word...... sanctimonius?

.......or the uses for Teflon?

The question is......If this boat had been produced by a major series sponsor..........or been campaigned by a shareholder ................. would any sanction have been levied?

If yes, than it's a legitimate action...as long as it is in keeping with previous actions... Is it?

If no....it's a random process based on arbitrary application of rules.

Remember, this is the same boat that was prevented from running against the Vortecs in last year's World Championships...with a 525 Mercruiser......sporting the original strakes.... and forced to run Super Vee......... Why?

T2x

P.S. The above questions are rhetorical....please spare me the "answers".
Old 06-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Flame me if this is a dumb question. I understand the spec engines,but I don't understand the hull scenario. This is Super Vee,right? Why have hull specs as long as it is a vee bottom?For hull specs in production run Factory 2. Should not Super Vee be just a vee bottom,run what ya brung as long as the engines and drives are legal? Why not run whatever you build as long as it's a vee? Or is this too simplistic?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Registered

Magicfloat,

Good point related to dimensions but might want to consider minimum weights to maintain some parity.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered

Fever Mike,

Are you referring to the "new"(ex-SVL) Super Vee or the "old"(now PV) Super Vee?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Kind of my point I guess. The name says it ,Super Vee, the ultimate, no place for the small manufacturers that don't want, or can't afford, to go there.Lots of other classes for them with good advertising benefits when they win ,F-1,F-2, Outlaw classes,etc. But if you call a class Super Vee it should be just that. If Skater moves a strake, so what? It's still a vee bottom boat.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 06-11-2003 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Mike,guess i didn't look at the rules close enough. Thought it was spec engines, not spec hulls, my bad,sorry. Maybe the PX class is where some of the guys should go, looks pretty exciting if they can get more than 2 or 3 boats to play the high stakes class.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys
Theres been lots of chatter about classes, and engines etc for the past couple of weeks here and in the racing section, but I dont understand a few things.
First off...in my opnion, all LLC super V is anymore is F2 with hardtops. super V lite is F1 with hardtops. If there gonna have a spec engine, and now your saying a spec hull too, which I really dont understand...Why not just call them F1 and F2 and be done with it. Is it because SBI already does it?
Were do the Manuf of boats and engine builders get to experiment? How will the boats we buy everyday get better because of it. You say manuf will try to out spend each other...so what? Thats called R&D, and if they can afford it more power to em. If they cant they get left behind...thats called capitolism.
To force someone to have to run an engine or boat because they are a sponser sucks. If were your headed is everybody drive the same boat with the same engine, then youve lost out on innovation and improvement. Please dont tell me that the guys that can afford to race in supercat and superV dont have the money to experiment, cause if they dont they dont belong there. They need to be in F1 or 2. You keep saying over and over how hard it is to enforce the rules..If there were less rules wouldnt it be easier?
I also am of the opnion that racing F1 or 2 without a canopy is gettin nuts. Call me a pu$$y if you want, but any purpose built raceboat needs to have a lid.....period. The guys that want to race open cockpit can have the P classes. Does anyone think Nascar drivers are pu$$ys? cause they want the safest ride possible?
My suggestion for classes
Supercat.....Any hull up to 40' with any 500ci NA motor built by anybody who wants to. #6 drives
SuperV....same as above
SCL...up to 38' any hull with either VortecHP or 525hp spec motor #6 drives 2 engines
SVL...same as above 1 engine
F2...up to 36' with a lid.. homoed hull, vortec HP or 525hp. Any Bravo1 style drive
F1...up to 30' with a lid...same as above
The F classes should be the only ones that must homoed except with the lid. The guys that are in F1-2 now can get lids put on easy enough, you know someone will fill that gap and start sellin em.
Everybody else...P class
I love racing as much as the next guy..but if you dont go home alive at the end of the race..how much fun is that?
Dan

Dan
Old 06-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dan b and threst with that opinion. nascar has the same rules. spec motor, spec car. no inovation with nascar for 20 some years. oh wait. new car new design. they write a letteer and get it approved. if it seems to run to fast then they do what is neccasary to to make it run like everbody else.

guy's it been done for years and does not stifle anything.

Treadwell
Old 06-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
skater rules

just a couple of things if skater finished last would we be having this conversation i think not and if apba needed written permission who ever told dmc they could go head should have told them to do so and i beleive dmc had permission to go ahead or they wouldint have and apba is a profit org which tends to get sticky just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Douglas GM -- Skater 399v -- Ref thread "Is APBA Arachnophobic?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.