If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mad Hatter

IMCO on 22' Velcity?

Wondering about an imco shorty drive on my boat.
    I talked to Velocity about it and they gave me the run around, evetually the guy told me they haven't tested it before. Has anybody heard of any results of this combo?

Also Smoke on water the water would have been alot better without the smoke on the water.

Mad Hatter
    Did it make in difference in chine walk, top speed or control?

Mad Hatter
    so is there an advantage to buying it?

My Boats:
    LaPorte, Indiana
    I switched from a 3 blade spinelli to a 4 blade lab finished bravo from Velocity. It made quite a bit of difference in the handling of the boat. The boat is still not a sit down and put the throttle down type of boat. You have to really drive the boat. It took me over a year to finally get the trim and a few other things figured out to get the boat to run. Once you find that trim point, this boat just sits back and goes.

Mad Hatter
    I'm doing 92mph on handheld GPS with 4 blade 30 pitch bravo non lab finish. I'm hoping to get my hands on a 30 lab finish to try and get me up to 5200-300 hundred RPM's. Right now I'm spinning at 5100 rpm's. I was running a Hyrdo Motive 4 blade 28 non labbed before and was hitting the rev limiter. I want to get into the upper 90's. When you say two inches below the hull are you talking the X dim?

Mad Hatter

Thumbs up

Acceleration is no problem, the boats sets you back like like a car when I nail it. Whats the best X dim for top speed? Thanx for your help so far by the way.

Mad Hatter
    also do you have wedges on the chines and pad on the back of your boat?

Mad Hatter
    What kind of power are you running?

Mad Hatter
    ever heard of taking those wedges out? What are they there for?

Mad Hatter
    K-planes. They are mounted parallel (sp?) to the ground, not with the angle of the V. Not sure if they came on the boat stock or if they got put on with the motor install.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast