Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52189-mantoloking-patrolman-takes-water.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-12-2003 05:41 AM

Mantoloking Patrolman takes to the water!

1 Attachment(s)
Mantoloking patrolman takes to the water
Published in the Asbury Park Press 6/11/03
Unit tickets speeders who leave damaged vessels in their wake
By BONNIE DELANEY
STAFF WRITER
Click Here for article.

Fast Shafts 06-12-2003 08:00 AM

One has to wonder about a town that has less then 1/2 mile of total land area having a "Marine" division.
I've asked these question in the past,
Who gives the Town Jurisdiction on the Bay? (no other town in the county has a "Marine Division")
Where Exactly are these borders?
If heading South, does Brick Police Dept. have Jurisdiction?
I think its ironic that Mantoloking is the smallest (and one of the wealthiest) towns in the Country and they hassel boaters going near their homes. I think this is akin to buying a house near the airport and then complaining about the noise. These rich people need to lighten up! Maybe the "Wake Police" could do something more constructive like keep traffic running smoothly thru this town.

WATERBOY2 06-12-2003 08:40 AM

Bob,
I agree with you.Mantoloking, as nice as it is,seems to be full of old richey rich types that want to complain about anything and everything.I read in the Asbury Park Press recently, that Mantoloking has the highest average price per house in the entire U.S.!!If I had that kind of $, I would have better things to do than complain about noise or wakes from boats.Maybe when the boat is ready, a "fly by" is in order!:eek:

PS-As far as "policing" the traffic in town.....I have gotten two tickets in my entire life and;you guessed it, both were in Mantoloking.:mad:

Fast Shafts 06-12-2003 08:57 AM

When we do our "fly-by" , we should be heading south, that way we're not in their "jurisdiction". Do you think they could catch us with that high performance Bayliner?
Besides, our boat makes less of a wake on plane and going fast!
We have to watch out, they might have a local "noise" ordinance, that dry exhaust could get us!

mr_velocity 06-12-2003 10:06 AM

Wow, I feel really bad for you guys down there, just another reason for me to stay away from the bay.
Now, as a waterfront home owner I would have to say there is only one thing that pisses me off. That's wakes and I'd like to see them nail avery a$$hole that makes them near our boats. This is not a high performance problem since the biggest offenders are the big weekend cruisers. If you're going to make a fly buy do it in a hydro so they can't nail you for the wake. We once got nailed in a narrow section up here in New Years day running an STV going about 100 mph in a no wake zone. Someone actually called to complain, the marine police came to us and said "Sorry guys, I got the call and had to make an appearence. Have a nice day."

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-13-2003 11:50 AM

Makes you wonder where their jurisdiction stops.:confused:
I seen them cruising through the F-Cove last year. (Not part of Mantoloking as far as I know, but I suppose if they spot someone out of their boat and on land with an open container they can bring in Brick Police?:confused:

Tantrum 06-13-2003 02:44 PM

Originally posted by WATERBOY2
Mantoloking, as nice as it is,seems to be full of old richey rich types that want to complain about anything and everything.I read in the Asbury Park Press recently, that Mantoloking has the highest average price per house in the entire U.S.!!If I had that kind of $, I would have better things to do than complain about noise or wakes from boats.Maybe when the boat is ready, a "fly by" is in order!:eek:
Interesting OVER generalization

Make sure you have your girl flash her TeeTs when you do your fly-by. I like that...fast , loud boats and lots of nudity :crazy:

:D :p :D

Tantrum 06-13-2003 03:00 PM

Who knows what will happen but atleast from the statements in the article it does not appear they have it in for HP Boats.
If they are going to go after the obvious, people jet skiing in lagoons and boats creating large wakes than I dont see the problem.
Time will tell.
If there is going to be any descrimination against our type boats Ill be one of the first to find out I guess. Ill let you know.

BRUCE SEROFF 06-13-2003 04:15 PM

Hey Mark...guess what???

Ive gotten one disorderly conduct summons in my life. Youll never guess where..You got it .....Mantoloking!!!!!

Now..can you believe anyone would want to give me a Disorderly summons???? Cmon ....ME DISORDERLY???? i think not

Lucididee 06-13-2003 04:21 PM

No, not you Bruce! Just kidding.

The cops never cease to amaze me in Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!