Notices

Thunderun

Old 06-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderun

Hey, wasn't the Thunderun on Lake Michigan this past Saturday (June 21)?
The weather seemed great, well at least 20 miles inland at my house where I was working on my boat!
Did I have the date wrong?
Who was there?
Any Photos?
DS
Old 06-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

You have the right date. The run was on Saturday. Weather was good, a little cool on the water but not bad. Seemed like a good turnout. There were two helicopters taking pictures but I have not seen any photos yet. We of course left our camera in the hotel room.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Registered

I stopped by in the AM, Rich said 30 registered and was expecting a couple more. WE did not run, still finishing, hopefully one more week.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The weather was fine and the lake cooperated, except it picked up a little when we went to boaters beach for the after lunch run. It was a blast to see a boat (ship) the size of Jade running 60+ mph. I was trying to keep up with it, I didn't to get caught in its wake. That little cat with the outrageous motor was fun to watch fly also. I think he needs a bigger gas tank.

The dinner that followed was first class. The food was excellent. The boxing match outside was fun to watch too. I didn't know there was going to be entertainment.

I was even lucky enough to win a 12 pack of Rich's favorite beer. After that we played the slots at Harrah's where we won $60. Then we decided to call it a night. We had a great time with a bunch of great people.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

Entertainment ?????

What did I miss ?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Registered

Was there a helicopter at this run? Does anyone have pictures to post yet?
Old 06-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, there were 2 helocopters.

The run and the company were great!! The food and open bar were awesome. The poker hand sucked. The water was wayyyy to cold.

Sunday turned out perfect. We ran to Michgan City for lunch with Candyman and Boatfreak. Water was still cold but the air was about 85 so we didn't notice it.

It was a great time. Thanks, Rich and Jan

Mark

ps How much money was raised for Ronald McDonald House?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:39 PM
FFO
Registered

I had a great time also . Thanks Rich .Also I would like to say thanks to Les and Joe for a ride in that FAST CAT called Outcast ! Les great poker hand . The MODERN MARINE guys were there with there fast 35 Nordic . They helped me with some problems with my boat thanks Jeff and Brett.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Registered

Rich & Jan Obren,
Thanks for putting together another great event. I've always enjoyed attending your events. Great people, great food and the boating wasn't bad either.

This year’s event was in memory Ben Zajeski. Ben had the red 38 cigarette with NEXT written down the side. Rich added NEXT in black on the event shirts which I thought was a great tribute and reminder of a fellow boater who left us way too soon.

I have one picture that looks great! Unfortunately no one can see it. Maybe I can talk Back4More into posting it. Eliminator219 had the best hand and is the recipient of a trip to the Miami boat show. Not bad for his first Poker Run! Donzi38ZX & Quiet Storm had there new toys there, WOW! Almost all of the boaters present were OSO members or lurkers.

We had Air One and Boat Pix's taking pictures and filming the event. I know they spent a lot of time filming ME! Hopefully we can work something out about posting the pictures. Everyone needs to see pictures of that 26' cat with the detuned Race Crafters engine aka Sorcerer engines. It sounded so sweet for only being 1350 HP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great seeing everyone again.

Dan

Hey ClassCig38,
How did the boat treat you???????
Old 06-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered

Run was fun...Want to thank Candyman for the ride on his Fountain since ours is still at outdrive school, thats one mint 35!.

The Chico's that were in the upstairs hall got a bit cocky but were soon put in there place...had a bit of trouble looking for the poker run wrist bands so was not to cock one of our own
2 Helos, one stills and one video.

Quick Reply: Thunderun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.