Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   24' Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52234-24-boats.html)

Caincando1 06-13-2003 09:38 AM

PANTERA

Padraig 06-13-2003 04:07 PM

You may want to look for a used Velocity 260. Without the platform it is 24 foot. Good size cabit, for 24 ft and a deep cockpit.

Cord 06-13-2003 04:30 PM

There are alot of great boats out there in that size range. A bunch of them have been already mentioned. A Pantera is the first boat that comes to my mind when the rough is mentioned.

Air Dog 06-14-2003 02:49 PM

Go Banana's

I own a 1989 24' Banana.

Beamier then a 24' Pantera and goes like hell...

Hard to find in Miami though...

Good luck with your search.

If you want to step up, a pal of mine in Fort Lauderdale is contemplating selling his 27 foot Baja.

Think he wants under 20k.

SABER28 06-14-2003 08:05 PM

i toally agree vtec, baja isnt even close to a pantera or other more custom boat.

overheard once by a baja saleperson " baja is the bayliner of performance boats"

Tom 06-14-2003 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Dave M
24 Superboat or Pantera. Personally, I don't think there is another 24 foot boat with EQUAL POWER that will out run a 24 Superboat.
I know 2 24s that will outrun the Superboat with LESS POWER, especially in rough water, BatBoat and Skater. Nonetheless I agree 24 Superboat or Pantera would make a great choice. Just trying to keep the performance claims in perspective. I vote for Pantera since they are local and make a great boat.

Dave M 06-15-2003 07:51 AM

Originally posted by Tom
I know 2 24s that will outrun the Superboat with LESS POWER, especially in rough water, BatBoat and Skater. Nonetheless I agree 24 Superboat or Pantera would make a great choice. Just trying to keep the performance claims in perspective. I vote for Pantera since they are local and make a great boat.

Ya know, as soon as I hit the enter key I knew somebody was going to chime in about a Skater or a Bat Boat. OK, you have a point there, but I am assuming this guy is looking for more of a "pleasure v-hull" . Can he find a Skater or Bat Boat for under 25K? How pleasure orientated is a Bat Boat? I don't know what JJH's experience level is but a 100 MPH Skater in the hands of a less experienced boater can be trouble.

Dave M.

cuda 06-15-2003 08:08 AM

You might also look at 242 and 272 Formulas. They are very well made boats. Maybe not as fast because they are heavy, but the construction is second to none. You should be able to find quite a few of them in your price range.

McGary911 06-15-2003 09:02 AM

There is a 24' baja for sale outside a bar where i dock my big boat. not an outlaw tho. It has an integrated swim platform. Sorry, i dont know the model, im not a big baja guy. asking was about 14k if i recall. I could get the # and a pic or 2 for you if youd like.