Notices

24' Boats?

Old 06-16-2003, 12:35 AM
JJH
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
JJH, Carrera & P&D will be hard to find but...if you are looking for an old boat like that I suggest Corsa. The 26 Corsa is one of the best rough water boats in that size range. Most Corsa's were built to race though and I feel much better than P&D or Carrera. However if it was my $ I'd go see Jo @ Pantera and look at some of his used 24's. You will not go wrong with a 24 Pantera since you boat in the Miami area.
see ya, Mike Carter
Mike
Will do. Like I said, i'm really not in a huge hurry. I have something to get me through the summer and lately i've been thinking of making it more of a project. I see you have a concept sign as your avatar, do you have a concept too? My dad has a 28 that he's had since 98(the boat being a 95), and we love that boat.

Last edited by JJH; 06-16-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:16 AM
Registered

JJH. A docker at my marina had a Carrera 235 Viper and it was a beautiful boat. I do not think that it was a true deep V hull though. I could be wrong. It was a fast boat with the 454 mag and topped out around 70 in good conditions and weight. Unfortunately the owner did not winterize it properly and cracked the motor block. So it sold and now I can not compare it to my Baja 240 Sport. As far as the Baja, I am happy with mine. It may be the Bayliner of the boating world but it was affordable and got my foot into the performance door. So far no complaints about quality but the previous owner was meticulous in his car of it. It has no problem handling bigger chop when it arises. Of course a bigger boat would do so even better. The best thing to do is set a price, search the classifieds then go out and look at each boat in person. Make sure you demo ride them also because they can have distinct different characteristics that you may like or not. Good luck in what ever you choose.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Registered

24 Pantera should be on your short list. But, as Cuda mentioned, I would also look at a formula 242 or 271( 25' without platform). The Formula may not be fastest, they're a tank. I went on a 30 mile run in 6-8's and was able to keep up with some larger boats. Not a fun ride, but if your body can take it, the boat will.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:11 AM
SoCalOffshore

Come to SoCal and you can have your pick of a dozen or two custom boat builders of 24 footers.

Old 06-22-2003, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

python
Old 06-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the 24' boats have a very simular (if not the same bottom) Python, Sunsation, SuperBoat, Pantera, Corsa..... Just a matter of finding something you like.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:33 AM

Maybe you should consider buying a British built boat!!

www.extremepowerboats.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails 24' Boats?-extreme-flying.jpg  

Last edited by leviathan; 06-22-2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

Since you're from Florida you get a good deal on a 24' Powerplay. Although not 24degree, good ride in the rough and they're built rock solid. It does have sit down seats, however. They're fast with twin O/B's and maybe 70mph with a 502/410.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

Default QUESTION for 24' Fans??

Originally posted by Tom
I know 2 24s that will outrun the Superboat with LESS POWER, especially in rough water, BatBoat and Skater. Nonetheless I agree 24 Superboat or Pantera would make a great choice. Just trying to keep the performance claims in perspective. I vote for Pantera since they are local and make a great boat.
I was just reading a thread about those who have switched to CC's. Do you really need a cabin in a 24'? I guess they're handy for kids and ladies who want to get out of the rain, or if, God forbid, someone needs to go potty. I had a 25' Checkmate, dare I say, maybe they're a cut above Baja and a good performer for the money.

As far as performance is concerned, this Ocke Mannerfelt 7 meter RIB, by Mark Pascoe, Great Britain, runs 74mph with a single 200 Optimax and can hold a 300. Unsinkable and you don't need fenders. The 9 meter runs 86mph with twin 200 Optis.

QUESTION??
Would any of you smaller boat fans consider an unsinkable rigid inflatable boat if price was an issue, and the quality of the glasswork was on par with Pantera? We're a new company and think that RIB's will soon be popular in the US, as an alternative to the traditional performance boat for far less $$. We would appreciate your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails 24' Boats?-sr7-top-large.jpg  
Old 06-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered

9 meter (31' overall).....98mph with twin 2.5's!
Attached Thumbnails 24' Boats?-sr9_big.jpg  

Quick Reply: 24' Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.