Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's the 38 top gun twin step out of Grand Haven? >

Who's the 38 top gun twin step out of Grand Haven?

Notices

Who's the 38 top gun twin step out of Grand Haven?

Old 06-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Mad Hatter

Default Who's the 38 top gun twin step out of Grand Haven?

I came outta grand haven and turned south towards holland. There was a sweet looking 38 cig just behind me in the channel but it looked like he went north. Next thing I know I see him coming up hard. I made it a policy that I won't race anybody unless everybody in the boat has a highspeed life jacket on, well my G/F couldn't get her's zipped up becuase it was to choppy :rolleyes so he got a good jump on me. Then once she did get zipped up I wasn't trimmed right cause I got all pissed off and just nailed. Bad idea, boat instantly got way too loose and it was choppy from all the big boat wakes. So long story short the race was over before it started. But I was just wondering if anybody knew this guy and what he has in that boat? I'm wondering if he gave it just enough to walk away from me or if he was going flat out.

Its a 38 top Gun twin step with yellow and blue not very wild graffic (not in a bad way). The boat looked great, I didn't feel to bad loosing to him!

Old 06-23-2003, 05:47 AM
Mad Hatter

ttt

Old 06-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I saw you too mad hatter, I was in my 33' powerplay with triple outboards. Did you see me or was it another velocity?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Mad Hatter

Yup that was me! I remember looking at your boat and thinking tripples? I didn't really get my ass kicked, thats I want to know if he was going all out. Once I got trimmed out he wasn't loosing me from what I could tell. But it wasn't good water for me and I really didn't feel bad loosing to such a nice boat!