Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating is getting better. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52402-boating-getting-better.html)

Mr Gadgets 06-15-2003 07:24 PM

Boating is getting better.

I managed to make it out on the water for the fourth time this season. Still working on a few bugs, but for the most part, things are going in a positive direction.
I find that the 28" Bravo One prop is a bit too much for my motor. So I am in the market for a 26". Anyone have one laying around they want to part with? If so, email me at [email protected] . I know I just missed a good deal that Nordic Heat had. Anymore like that out there?? I appreciate any help with this..

Dick

Boating is starting to be fun again!!:D :D :D

Waterfoul 06-15-2003 07:28 PM

Dick, you gonna be able to make it up to Hardy this coming weekend? Saturday the 21st. BUNCH of us going to be up there.

'Foul

Dock Holiday 06-15-2003 07:29 PM

Glad to hear things are going well Dick.

Now if you could just find a few B-3214's life would be sweet!

:D :D :D

Smitty 06-15-2003 08:16 PM

I just made it out for the third time this year. All this due to a busy schedule including selling two houses, buying one house and planning a wedding !!!!

Dick,

I currently have a labbed 26 Bravo 1 that I run now. I might be putting a roller cam setup in my motor so I might need a 28. I'll keep you posted and I'll also look for a 26 around my area.

Dave

traviss 06-15-2003 08:20 PM

Yeah dick... Come play with us at hardy :cool:

MACDAD260 06-15-2003 08:37 PM

Hi Dick, Where did you go today? I went out of Grand Haven to Port Sheldon and back. I was in Holland yesterday. It was pretty lumpy out yesterday but it was fun to run the troughs. Today was better. I'm having a good year, too since I got past my dumb*ss attack with the used riser gaskets and the watery oil. I put a new Holley 800 on the 502 and I am loving it. Picked up at least 2 mph over the old Weber. It runs great. Idles and starts good, also. I am still playing with the jetting but, I think I am getting it.

I know some guys that might need a 28. Are you selling? I'll ask around and see how serious they are. Have a good summer.

See ya, Doug

B-Stubb 06-15-2003 08:48 PM

Ive got a 26 labed hydromotive ? If Interested [email protected]

Mr Gadgets 06-16-2003 07:09 PM

Hey Thanks Guys!!!

Mike, Not sure on the Hardy thing. I would love to make it up there, but I have a drive to assemble soon and this weekend looks like it. (Drive business going pretty well, thanks for asking :), ) I will have to see what's going on.. Oh I have to replace some trailer bearings before I can make a long trip..

Dock, thanks for the trailer bearings.. and yes some B 3214's would be nice.. Maybe we should ask that question on the board. You know .. how much demand for XR Gear bearings???

Dave, Sounds like you've got the busies also... Keep me in mind, not sure if I want to part with the 28 just yet. A new set of heads and I could need it.. LOL. But it wont be this year..

Travis, I would love to head that way and play.. I will see what happens later in the week.. and let you guys know..

Doug, I put in at Holland at Dutton park around 12:30pm .. went up to PS.. two bears later I was headed back... on the trailer at 3:30pm.. had to make a graduation in GR and drink some extra beer, etc.. Sorry I missed you..

B-Stubb, I think I want to stay with the Bravo till I get a feel for how the motor likes that wheel.. then I may try a Hydromotive.. Every one I know is using a Bravo on the 28' Checkmate.. But I will keep it in mind..

Thanks again everyone..

Dick..

Mr Gadgets 06-17-2003 08:38 PM

ttt

checkmate981 06-17-2003 08:51 PM

Mr G
Good to see you have boat up and runing.I don't no anyone with A 26 for sale out here but I will ask around.Still dont have 502 done yet
Dave