Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? >

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Notices

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Old 07-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 280is awesome. I have fished on one with a friend several times. I constantly get compliments on my boat and it is not nearly as nice as many I have seen hear. But, I always got more use out of the center consoles I had in the past. All I really ever do with my Donzi is cruise a little and hang out in the shallows. The compliments are nice but I am a little envious at times when my friends pull up in the afternoon and start showing off there catch.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

WOW !! 6 pages and no mention of the Cigarette 33Cafe C/C

Any opinions .... Pros / Cons ????

G
Old 07-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

This one's sweet
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-custom-24-i.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered

One more
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-custom-24-ii.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Registered

Yeah, I know . . . however, it IS a CC, it IS outboard, it IS offshore-capable - although more along the Rybovich approach to offshore.
I personally LOVE the Concept - even more so, now that The Chief himself has confirmed the bloodlines. . . .
Old 07-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Registered

It was really refreshing to see B. Saccenti so easily and openly acknowledge the Concept heritage. If Concept was a POS, I'm sure he would have been somewhat less candid in his response. Or at least qualified/tempered what nearly sounded like an endorsement.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

FM - one other thing:
Did you order your Concept with the radar arch/bimini top?
Certainly considering weight and aerodynamic drag, there must be some impact to performance - no?

Just curious - I am seriously considering the Concept 36 as my next boat. They seem to have it all for my specific needs.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

Has anyone seen the Olympia? I saw a 21' in Crystal River last week. It had great lines. The guy said they are made in Fl. and go up to 27' or 28'. Not quite as big as the Concept but, I'm looking at mid 20s.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

You guys might enjoy this.. Got a buddy with a 29 ZF CC Donzi w/ T 225 Optis that went to Bimini this weekend. He was following a 36 Contender CC w/T 250s. They departed from Blackpoint Marina. The Donzi housed the Contender on the way out. I mean he was about a mile ahead of the guy by the time they got out. However, once they were about 5 miles out the Contender took the lead and held it all the way to Bimini. By the time the Donzi got to Bimini they noticed that they had lost 3 Penn International Rod and Reel combos. Also, the console had literally come loose from the floor. They took a serious beating & have the bruises to prove it. Suffice to say, the Donzi owner is pissed. He's selling the boat and getting something bigger. I suggested Power Play ofcourse or Concept but I think he's leaning towards the Intrepid. Just to be fair to the Donzi these guys were running in 6 to 8 foot seas and the Donzi owner is not a real experienced boater.. Who knows... He may have been running trimmed up for all I know..
Old 07-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Quick Reply: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.