Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52499-anybody-notice-new-trend-cc-outboards.html)

Jeff 06-16-2003 09:07 PM

trust me guys you will be sick of them soon as the first person roars by you at you at your 55 mph cruise. Don't let these dealers blow smoke you know where. I had a great friend (now passed away) that had one of the first 33 Concepts with 300 Mercs and I doubt it ran 65 wide open, and for what he paid for it , there are a lot of good boats that used to blow past him, mine included 80mph cruise with that twin big block sound . But I also have a cc with twin Mercs too, it runs 52.

Jeff 06-17-2003 02:57 AM

Right on Mike, your going to miss the excelleration, go with the triples, we always made it home pretty good with even way back with 4,obeees and sometimes a complete lower was missing. You sound strong,keep going: Center consoles are hard landing as a beotch especially when you get past Marco coming home when your standing. (forget the cruising speed) maybe 40 mph. You won't notice till you get home. Call Will he has a nasty CC anyway you want it :cool:

WickedWon 06-17-2003 06:52 AM

Concept 36

I'm flying down to the Concept factory tomorrow ( wed. 18th ), if I think they will lay one up stout enough that I can't break it ( trip. Yamaha 300's) and rig it like a serious sportboat, I'm gonna try and make a deal on two of them for delivery in time for Jerry( LEOPAJM) and I to run them in the FPC run to the Worlds in Nov.
I'm not expecting big speed, hopefully 70+, but my experience with Yamaha is you can "cruise" them at WOT and they could care less. That speed will allow us to run with the majority of the fleet while not worrying about saltwater damage, fuel quality, the draft of staggered 6's or 10,000$ worth of Herings, while screwing around and bar hopping in the Keys.

I'll let ya know,
JD

CigDaze 06-17-2003 07:25 AM

I've been tossing around the idea....It always seems that while I'm busy figuring out how and where to anchor without busting my ass on the slippery deck, #11 Fortress in my hands, those C/C guys are already in the water with a cold one.

Convenience is tops!

Chris288 06-17-2003 07:33 AM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
I've been tossing around the idea....It always seems that while I'm busy figuring out how and where to anchor without busting my ass on the slippery deck, #11 Fortress in my hands, those C/C guys are already in the water with a cold one.

Convenience is tops!

HOW DARE YOU !! isn't this blasphemy or something :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

florida gator 06-17-2003 07:51 AM

I've had 2 CCs before my current Donzi. There are + to both. It's funny this subject was brought up as last night I was telling my wife how I miss having a CC and we can do everything that we currently do +++++ alot more.

Michael Martin 06-17-2003 07:56 AM

I just bought my first I/O as a repair & resale deal. What a pain! The 25 Talon w/ twin 225HO Johnon outboards just goes. We have a 21' Sea Pro "Bay Series" w/ a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke thats a blast . You dont have to do anything to it. If its dirty just hose it down w/ some greased lightning.

Thats the one thing that drove me to a smaller boat as normally i go out by myself & its easier to handle. Easy to load & unload by yourself.

Mike

CigDaze 06-17-2003 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Chris232
HOW DARE YOU !! isn't this blasphemy or something :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D
Blasphemy? Hardly!.....
:D ;)

gdfatha 06-17-2003 08:38 AM

Nizza BEEK Baja:D :D

CigDaze 06-17-2003 08:54 AM

That's a pulpit, to you! :p :D