Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52499-anybody-notice-new-trend-cc-outboards.html)

GLH 05-27-2004 11:08 PM

Re: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Originally Posted by WickedWon
Like the two very expensive lumps ( pictured in the back of the truck) that I picked up yesterday for the other " cool " boat , yeah CC's suck :rolleyes:

Now Jim That pic is all very nice with the blown mills and all but sincerely if Mary is not in the picture why the heck post it!!! :D:D

cgarrett 05-28-2004 01:57 AM

Re: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
A CC is great if you need a utility boat otherwise I don't see the point. Styling wise they look like grampa boats.

If you mean by "utility" that it is a very versatile boat then you are correct.
It has a good ride in moderate water and the speeds are acceptable for what it is. There is plenty of room to move around the boat if you have friends aboard and you do not have to trip over each other. If you like to fish or snorkel/scuba it works out great. If you have to do maintenance on the outboards you do not have to be a contortionist to get into the bilge. The open area is easy to clean with a hose and scrub brush.

As far as the styling goes mine might be old and have outdated graphics but there are plenty of newer models being built with the latest technology available along with some great paint schemes.

I love my "Grandpa boat"!
Cordell

DRIVEN1 02-17-2008 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2448614)
:drink:

Digging deep are ya? All this talk about the new 350v got you all pumped up? I like the picture of that concept with the triple yamis sitting in the shallow water. Looks like maybe the keys?

DRIVEN1 02-17-2008 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2448614)
:drink:

This is a nice looking cc, wonder the speeds they got out of it.

Madcow 02-18-2008 08:55 PM

Another blast from the past, only 4 years later.

FeverMike 02-18-2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 (Post 2448656)
This is a nice looking cc, wonder the speeds they got out of it.

That is a super nice looking CC!

THEJOKER 10-02-2010 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It only took us 7 years to make this dream a reality! She's fast and super sexy!

omerta one 10-02-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 3221665)
It only took us 7 years to make this dream a reality! She's fast and super sexy!

Wow!

What length?
What kind of power/speed are you seeing?
Are you going to put a top on it?

As far as salt water boats go the CC's are tough to beat...run'em hard, hose'em out...drip dry.

Interceptor 10-02-2010 03:06 PM

Love the profile of the boat with the rear sitting low.
good luck in your development.
ed

THEJOKER 10-02-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3221718)
Wow!

What length?
What kind of power/speed are you seeing?
Are you going to put a top on it?

As far as salt water boats go the CC's are tough to beat...run'em hard, hose'em out...drip dry.

41 Overall....12,000 lbs.......400 gallons of fuel.......... self bailing.......16ft of cabin area.......big sunpad......yes Birdsall Marine is custom building us a hardtop..........75.6 on the 1st sea trial w 200 gallons of fuel and 7 guys onboard!