Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52499-anybody-notice-new-trend-cc-outboards.html)

cuda 06-17-2003 06:28 PM

HOWEVER, Sunday we were going out in the Formula. Test fired engine #!, all's good. Test fire engine #2, starter just clicks. We were to meet some people on the water, so instead of standing them up, I just backed up to "Old Reliable", my Biddison CC, and went on out. It is nice to have one that you KNOW will run each and everytime.

cuda 06-17-2003 06:30 PM

Sunday we were anchored up next to a 31 Contender with twin 250's. He said his top speed was 61, and it held 300 gallons of fuel.

cuda 06-17-2003 06:36 PM

Originally posted by fountain1fan
just think 15min hoseing the cc out and you are done put it on the hydohost and forget it no carpet to keep kleen i love mine
Hey, you can just hose out an offshore boat too if you don't give a damn about what it looks like. Isn't that some of what this type of boating is about? Having the sweet sounding hardware with everything glistening? I agree there are a lot more things you can do in a CC, but you can also do more things in a Pontiac Aztec than a Porsche. Which would you rather have? I watched them build my CC back in 1988, and I have done everything to do with this boat, and I would never sell it. I'll tell you one thing it won't do that my 17 year old Formula does, that is turn heads.

Donzi Corleone 06-17-2003 06:56 PM

I`m hearing the same talk in my Boat Club about movin to O/B power because of reliability,cost and less headaches. I just bought my Spectre with twin 300x Promaxs and everytime I think of the cost factor that those 500`s were going to be (servicing)I`m glad I made the choice. If you have real deep pockets go with the big blocks cause when the drives or race parts break it is big $$$$$$$$$ and you are lucky enough to afford that luxury. The sound I will miss,but when I`m runnin with the others all I care about is being up near the front with the heavy hitters at alot less the cost.

JGB 06-17-2003 07:21 PM

Hi Mike, We should get together for dinner sometime.

It was $3500 more for the optis. But for the 1-3 mph top-end speed loss and what I pay upfront I hope to realize even bigger savings in fuel conumption over the life of the engines/boat.

I think if I were in your shoes I would be biting the bullet on the high octane fuel powered 250 opti or 300 promax. I would still rather stay with twins instead of the tripletts. Have you read this Merc PR?

http://www.screamandfly.com/home/pre...3/5_8_2003.htm

Talk to you soon

Jim

Madcow 06-17-2003 07:21 PM

My Sonic is kinda for sale, and if I sell it I'm gonna get one. The big 42 is a VERY cool boat, but I am tired of wrenching and cleaning all the time, and $200 to $300 worth of fuel every time I go out is getting REAL old.

LEOPAJM 06-17-2003 07:44 PM

Madcow.....

Hey Jim ..... I'm bringin my Scarab 302 cc up in about a week .... You're gonna have to check it out .... Are you coming over to Mentor in July .... It's gonna be a good one .... I'll be sending the info out in a few days !!!!!!!

JM

JGB 06-17-2003 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of what I leaning towards for graphics (vinyl). Simple, classic, conservative... Man I must be getting old! LOL

Jersey Tom 06-17-2003 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought a 36 Concept for all the reasons already mentioned. It looks great, handles rough water well and I just hose it off and push the remote button on the lift. It has twin 250EFI's and does 62.2 on GPS. No more bildge crawling for me.

Jersey Tom 06-17-2003 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic.