Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52499-anybody-notice-new-trend-cc-outboards.html)

JGB 06-19-2003 02:13 PM

Gator, they are down in Miami. My friend and I will be taking delivery of our boats most likely in August so there will be a couple 29s running around this area in the coming months.

BigMike 06-19-2003 04:44 PM

Mike, I personally think you will do well by sticking with the twin 250 EFI's. I'm not bashing the opti's or anything but do a search on Florida Sportsman and on The Hull Truth regarding troubles people are having with opti's. Alot of folks buy the opti's thinking they are the greatest things since sliced bread only to find that the problems far outweigh the positive attributes of the motor. Remember the ultra reliable Merc 90 I had. As simple as a motor can get and what a piece of S H I T it was. The customer service folks on the outboards were also useless. It seems like alot of the folks with opti-lemons go to Yamaha and never turn back. Keep in mind that there are also alot of hardheaded people like me in the world who buys a new boat every two years or so and I will never ever even consider another Mercury Outboard product as long as I am able to make decisions on my own. My experience was just that bad! If you want a go-fast center console boat with flashy graphics that goes real fast and resale is not a big issue, buy the Concept with the trip 250's. If you are looking for a solid utilitarian center console that you can take to the middle grounds reliably in 2 hours or less every weekend and hold its value reasonably well, buy a 31 Contender with twin 250 HPDI's or 225 4-strokes. The problems with plug fouling on the HPDI's is related to fuel problems. I have no idea why but Yamaha says that these engines need low test (87 octane) fuel. 93 octane will cause plug fouling problems. Sounds fishy to me but who am I to argue. If you buy the opti's just remember that I am always just a phone call away to come and tow you in with my Yamaha:D :D :D

Mike

fountain1fan 06-19-2003 05:12 PM

big mike sorry you got a lemon mt 96 90 merc has probly got 400 hr and neaver had a problem but i do take care of it my self the dealers suck around here know more about my motors than they do. i do have more mercs around here a 1960 merc 350 40hp a 1964 50 hp a 66 35 2cyld my 1960 runs as good as a new one tell yamaha to top my 1960 merc and i use to race yamaha dirt bikes was going pro till i broke my leg so i know what yamaha is all about great bikes the good thing about there outboards is hyd tex can gret some great hp out of them

cuda 06-19-2003 05:55 PM

I have no idea why but Yamaha says that these engines need low test (87 octane) fuel. 93 octane will cause plug fouling problems. Sounds

Mike [/B][/QUOTE]
It's probably due to the fact that 93 octane is harder to ignite, probably not burning as cleanly.

Mike @ Adrenaline 06-19-2003 06:14 PM

Well as aprehensive as I am about making this post , due to the nature of most recent threads about us. What the heck. Adrenaline is only 2 years old. Bottom line is that we build one of the best center consoles around. We have not built many so people have not had much exposure. The 38 trip boat attached runs 70 mph on Lake Lanier and 72 in the ocean. It runs the best in 3-4' chop. The idea behind the boat is to be able to have a performance oriented boat that looks like is built like a race style boat and scratches the itch we all have while delivering more dependability, utility.

THEJOKER 06-19-2003 06:19 PM

Where's the pic? BH

Mike @ Adrenaline 06-19-2003 06:22 PM

PHoto shop special

Mike @ Adrenaline 06-19-2003 06:24 PM

I attached the file but it wont load for some reason.

cgarrett 06-19-2003 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike,
You have to be at least a gold member to view (and I believe to post) pics.
I'm posting a pic of your 38 SuperSport off of your web site for others to see including the link to your site.

http://www.adrenalinemarine.com/index.php

Cordell

Mike @ Adrenaline 06-19-2003 06:52 PM

Thanks, guess it has been a while since my last post. I think a year. The pics on that site stink. We are working on a new one right now. Sorry to all you AT guys that got miffed about your pics of 28's. We never planned on building the same exact boat.