Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing! >

Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Notices

Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Old 06-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Well, by all accounts the new bull market is in full swing. Certainly nice to see alot of green on my screen these days. Sure makes speaking with clients easier as well. I hope that all of you stayed the course and didn't jump ship during the rather lengthy bear market we sufferred there for a while. Best wishes to everyone for a profitable year.

Watcha think UT?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:41 AM
DJD
Registered

What, no good stock tips? Thanks alot Shane!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Registered

EASSYYYYY there Catmando. I never gave your cousin any personal advice. Please retract your statement. Additionally, had you followed my advice (remaining well diversified across multiple market sectors and capitalization) and stayed the course and continued to invest on a consistant and regular basis you would surely be reaping the benefits. Furthermore, if you would have lost everything you were certainly NOT investing in top quality companies.

Last edited by Shane; 06-17-2003 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought mutuals like crazy for the last two years, including transferring some of my previously existing assets from money markey and bond funds into mutuals. Got some real bargains that have now rebounded nicely. (Buy low, right? ) I'm in better shape now than I would be if the market had not dipped.

Now, I'm holding all that I purchased, and getting ready to switch more of my new investments to cash and bonds to rebalance.

Just glad I wasn't looking to retire last year.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Funny what a little tax cut can do, eh?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally posted by C_Spray
Bought mutuals like crazy for the last two years, including transferring some of my previously existing assets from money markey and bond funds into mutuals. Got some real bargains that have now rebounded nicely. (Buy low, right? ) I'm in better shape now than I would be if the market had not dipped.

Now, I'm holding all that I purchased, and getting ready to switch more of my new investments to cash and bonds to rebalance.

Just glad I wasn't looking to retire last year.
Hey C_Spray,

Who was the guy that helped you out through that process and encouraged you to stay the course? Glad things are working out well Chuck. You going to Barnegat Bay? I will be there!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Bring it on....
Old 06-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Uncle Toys

The statement of fact would be, if measured by the S&P500 index, the bull started last October. My opinion would be, the stock market is manic-depressive. Don’t get anymore excited about it’s manic phase than you did about its depressive phase! Unless of course it fits in with your pre-established long-term plan. Otherwise, fuggedaboutit

Another statement of fact; there is no way in hell anyone - lost it all - following Shane's advice on "investing"!

Old 06-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

Hopefully the market can survive a round of profit-taking and bad news from AT&T....

Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
The statement of fact would be, if measured by the S&P500 index, the bull started last October. My opinion would be, the stock market is manic-depressive. Don’t get anymore excited about it’s manic phase than you did about its depressive phase! Unless of course it fits in with your pre-established long-term plan. Otherwise, fuggedaboutit

Another statement of fact; there is no way in hell anyone - lost it all - following Shane's advice on "investing"!
DITTO DITTO AND DITTO!

Thanks UT!

Quick Reply: Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.