Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32 Skater(old style) I/O or Outboard?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52603-32-skater-old-style-i-o-outboard.html)

cowisl 06-17-2003 09:09 PM

32 Skater(old style) I/O or Outboard??

Is there a big difference beween the handling of the two models? ANy advantages or disadvantages? The boat would primarily be on a lake. Thanks.

hot boats 06-17-2003 11:03 PM

i have a 32 skater with triple outboards for sale ..interested ! e mail me at [email protected]

Nauti Kitty 06-18-2003 08:31 AM

Money is the Difference

Both boats are good but the outboards are way less $'s year for year and they run the same speed. 300's vs 500's The outboard boat is lighter and I think more fun for a lake. Check mine out in the classifieds with twin 300's NK:cool:

Miller 06-18-2003 01:13 PM

Contact members Philip and T2x. Both should be able to give you some great insight and advice about the differences.

cowisl 06-18-2003 01:15 PM

So they both run the same in the ocean?

Shane 06-18-2003 01:43 PM

With 500's and #6's you would have a BULLET PROOF package! The outboards are a bit more fickle and are less dependable especially in the drives. Both are great packages. I would prefer the inboards. What kind of drives?

cowisl 06-18-2003 10:10 PM

Shane- Its starting to look like that you and i will both have 32 skaters in a couple of years. It was great to meet you at skaterfest. Right now we are still trying to decide what would be best for lake winni and some ocean running. Not sure about what kind of drives, but the 32s with 6's are through the roof in price.

mmwalters 06-19-2003 06:14 AM

Cowisl The inboard hull will be much better in the rough water it will also have better resale value. The outboard will coat less and be faster per dollar and maintenance will be much easier. And If we are talking bravo drives the outboards will be more reliable. Of course the inboards will sound sooooo much better. One other factor to consider on a triple motor boat the center motor takes a real ass kicking in the rough water. Either way they are both fun boats,see what is for sale consider the price and you decide.
Good luck Michael:frog:

Shane 06-19-2003 06:40 AM

cowisl,

Sorry we didn't hook up on Sunday. It was great to meet you and your son as well. Sunday morning when we woke up at my buddy's in Wetsern Jersey it was foggy and raining and I had to drive back to LG that night so I didn't want to drive all the way to Skaterfest and be rained out. WHAT A MISTAKE I made!:mad: :(

Anyway, the #6's are WICKED expensive no doubt. If you can find a used 32 in excellent condition that is the way to go. I agree with everything mmwalters said so no need to repeat it. Let me know how yor search goes.

Shane

shawn 07-02-2003 10:22 AM

Call Peter at Skater and get the short version.