Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another right cross to LLC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52691-another-right-cross-llc.html)

WATERBOY2 06-18-2003 07:51 PM

C_Spray,
Very well said.Having been to both of the LLC's national events in Daytona and Marathon; the number of boats and the level of competition speaks for itself.Savannah should be even better!

I just dont understand why some people seem so intent on holding this sport back?

PhantomChaos 06-18-2003 07:59 PM

Here is some useful information compared to that:

Did you know that if the sun suddenly stopped shining it would take eight minutes for people on earth to be aware of it?

ScottB 06-18-2003 08:03 PM

Did you know that if the sun suddenly stopped shining it would take eight minutes for people on earth to be aware of it?
Much more useful info:D

Payton 06-18-2003 08:24 PM

Thanks guys. When I saw who's name was in the web address, I wondered if I even wanted to bother to read it. I guess I made the right choice.

I don't know much about Mr. Crouse or his background. What I do know is that it seems everything I do read of his, he is whinning and complaining about something.

Shane 06-18-2003 08:30 PM

I am certainly NO fan of the whiners at Powerboat Magazine Matt Trulio and Brett Becker. Although I subscribe to the magazine, and enjoy it immensely, however, that does not mean I have to agree with these two guys. My difficulties with Mr. Trulio and Becker were well made and obviously taken so seriously by the folks at PB that I received a personal call from some higher ups asking me to refrain from further discussion as well as there being an article in the magazine to address the topics I brought up here on OSO. We agreed to disagree. Fair enough. That being said. This guy Crounse has got to be the most angry old geaser I have ever seen. Like Nort said he asked me if I wanted a signed copy of his book then charged me for it. Then he criticizes Mr. Becker and Trulio about their abilities to write effectively while his article is chocked full of grammar and spelling mistakes that would make a first grade teacher cringe! He continues to brag about his distinguished career in journalism but doesn't even proof read his own column for which he charges people to read. I agree with Chuck. (Like I do most of the time, those gray hairs of wisdom lend credibility you know;) :p :D )

T2x 06-18-2003 08:56 PM

Originally posted by C_Spray
Like it or not, right now it's the LLC.... or nothing.

Chuck:

True.....but that is still a choice........and in any void something will fill the gap. Maybe if the LLC would realistically and openly acknowledge its own failures, the great results you hope for could occur. Dirty Harry said it best.... " A Man's got to know his limitations"..... that line is fitting as it preceded the destruction of an obnoxious, narrow minded police chief who manipulated robotic rookie cop "followers".

On the topic of Mr. Crouse's offering, that piece is one of the saddest pieces of vitriol in "journalistic" history. Sad because his grammar and sentence structure are so badly depleted that I fear for his health. Sad also because he is somewhat on target with some of his assertions, yet all are negated by his bitterness.

As I posted last year when the Allweiss-Crouse "war" started......

"Some people deserve each other"

T2x....... The "Dirty Harry" of OSO

C_Spray 06-18-2003 09:18 PM

Originally posted by T2x
..."Some people deserve each other"....
Still one of the best, most succinct phrases ever posted on OSO. Right up there with many of Mr. Callahan's best.

Yes, I do hope for great results, even if it is from the sidelines. Two thoughts spring to mind: (1) In the absence of a perfect solution, you should work with the best alternative. (2) When there are no choices, decisions are easy.

Missed you in Cincinnati and AC. Whoo-boy they were wet! Maybe the weather was representing you - dark and stormy. A little windy, too...... ;)

C_Spray - Still waiting for all these wonderful things you said were going to happen after the big 5-0.

Gordo 06-18-2003 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Moisture-Missil
I was only relaying what I had seen on my screen,I' m only a pawn in this game of king's
No, you are simply a ****t stirrer that searches the Internet looking for any opportunity to throw stones or grind axes.
Crouse lost his credibility long ago. The very link you lead us to confirms it in my opinion.

Just Browsing 06-18-2003 11:09 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Here is some useful information compared to that:

Maybe even longer if it happened at night!

:D :D

CigDaze 06-19-2003 07:40 AM

Now, there's a guy who like to harp on past accolades.

That crotchety, old fool has contributed approximately...ummm...ZERO with that drivel.

As a matter of fact, it is a lousy regurgitation of pretty old news...OSO news from a month ago.

At least he doesn't put a spin on things...:rolleyes: